cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking I-10 to Jacksonville FL Looking for a layover spot

Peter_Crowl
Explorer
Explorer
We'll be making an Ikea run from Alabama to Jacksonville next month. Driving the Bounder with our cargo trailer. I'd like to find a spot outside the city to lay over the night so we can go into to Ikea mid the next morning - load up and get out.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!
10 REPLIES 10

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
I stayed there 3 weeks ago. 66ft long, stayed there a couple of years ago at 72ft long.

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
Peter_Crowl wrote:
Retired JSO wrote:
Hanna is at the Beach and north east of your destination. There is a Walmart right on I-10 at SR228, exit #336, Macclenny, Florida 8 miles west of Jacksonville City Limit.

Walmart sounds perfect - I take they allow an overnight stop? I know some can't or don't.

It’s our fuel stop. Haven’t stayed there myself but have seen MH and TT’s with tow vehicle disconnected many times.

dedmiston
haste maker wrote:
What is "Ikea"..?

Furniture store.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
What is "Ikea"..?
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo

Peter_Crowl
Explorer
Explorer
Retired JSO wrote:
Hanna is at the Beach and north east of your destination. There is a Walmart right on I-10 at SR228, exit #336, Macclenny, Florida 8 miles west of Jacksonville City Limit.

Walmart sounds perfect - I take they allow an overnight stop? I know some can't or don't.

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer

Peter_Crowl
Explorer
Explorer
trailernovice wrote:
Not sure what you're looking for, and not sure you would fit, but there is a city park in jax (believe it`s 'Hanna Park') that has an rv campground

Campground map is "click to see a site".. i looked...looks like some sites, but not all, can take a rig up to 45 feet

Fwiw

I'll check it out. thanks!
Good point about fit - with the trailer I'll be +- 48' long

Peter_Crowl
Explorer
Explorer
bucky wrote:
Hanna is nice but there are several RV parks along I10 just west of Jax with pull thru sites that would be easier. By mid morning the rush would be over. The snowbirds are all gone by now for the most part as well.

Sounds good. Thanks!

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hanna is nice but there are several RV parks along I10 just west of Jax with pull thru sites that would be easier. By mid morning the rush would be over. The snowbirds are all gone by now for the most part as well.
Puma 30RKSS

trailernovice
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure what you're looking for, and not sure you would fit, but there is a city park in jax (believe it`s 'Hanna Park') that has an rv campground

Campground map is "click to see a site".. i looked...looks like some sites, but not all, can take a rig up to 45 feet

Fwiw
Glenn and Toni
2019 Jayco JayFlight SLX8 264 BH
2019 Ram 1500 5.7 3.21 gears
Reese round bar w/d with sway control