cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Gas RV Front Table Ideas

thegrindstaffs
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2018 Tiffin Open Road and want to have some sort of table between the captains chairs during travel. I've searched online with no success. Just seeing if anyone has any ideas for this?
13 REPLIES 13

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
I built a pedestal swing arm table and it consist of a 6"metal plate bolted to engine cover and a 2" upright post the proper height. At top there is a arm welded and extended the proper length for area operation of the table top which is attached to it and can be swung to area needed. I travel with the laptop GPS sitting on it. Also can be used for food/drink, etc. if needed. No interference with seating. Have used it in two Class A coaches. Easy to remove by pulling base pin.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well, I asked that question because I can't see why one can't simply put their stuff ON the doghouse. Are they now too low to be convenient. My last gasser was a 1984 Pace Arrow. That dog house was plenty high to hold whatever I wanted to put on it. I made my own 'cover' out of oak and put cup holders in it.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Executive wrote:
Not that it matters, but why would you need a table between the seats while traveling?

First major trip out with my Class A was to a campground I'd not visited before.. Well Smart phones were not so smart then so I uswed a "Navi-Comp" (Windows laptop running Streets and trips) Wwll I built a table to hold it. ABOUT 18" square. Proper height to hold the laptop. And it did not block going to the head at a rest stop.

It will hold my 300 pounds too.

The Trick is a smaller table or a "Swing arm" table.. hold on.
Found it.. Now this is not the actual product Id' suggest but it IS the concept

Swing arm computer desk for police cars

Ah the advantages of having told cops where to go for 25 years+ AND STILL GETTING PAID FOR IT ๐Ÿ™‚ .

Why would one want a table.
can't reach the cup holder (Build one into the table)
Sandwich
And the ever popular Navi-Comp.. that 14" screen beats the pixels out of my smart phone screen.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Lee_RV
Explorer
Explorer
Small folding table? I picked one up and use it all the time when camping, it would fit between the seats of your rig and could be folded up and put to use elsewhere afterwards.

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
We put one of THESE on the arm rest under each window of our 2013 36LA. A few folks on the Tiffin RV Network have replaced the center console with more functional consoles.

edited to correct Tiffin RV Network spelling.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Would something like this mounted on the doghouse work for you?

GO GEAR EFF-BEI Efficiency Console

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Look at any one of many marine supply websites.

They sell a variety of sizes and shapes complete with the base socket, aluminum tube and table. The tube can easily be cut down to whatever size you prefer.

They work particularly well in a motorhome since they usually have a rim around the edge and inset sockets for drinks.

RedRollingRoadb
Explorer
Explorer
Do a search for Lagun table mounts. They have some interesting ideas, not cheap but might give some ideas.

A1B00902
Explorer
Explorer
we put one of these
Calder 14.96" Square Storage Ottoman
folds up when not needed

thegrindstaffs
Explorer
Explorer
Dennis, thank you! I ensure you, there's no card playing going on while driving. Just a more convenient place to put "stuff". drinks or snacks, than on the floor.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not that it matters, but why would you need a table between the seats while traveling? Playing cards while driving is distracted driving. ๐Ÿ™‚ Anyway, depending on what the intended use is for will determine what might work for you. If you're simply looking for someplace to put 'stuff' any cabinet shop can make a nice top for the dog house. Easily removed and can be finished to match existing cabinetry. If you want to go on the cheap, get a piece of plywood, cut to size and finish it off with material to match the interior. 3/4 ply would be heavy enough it wouldn't move around and/or slide off.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

thegrindstaffs
Explorer
Explorer
I saw those also, but we were worried it would be too far back since we have the dog house bump.
Also, we didn't know about screwing in the floor and having issues. Something more "mobile" would be preferred also.

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
I've seen lots of pedestal mount tables between the front seats. The issue while travelling is that it blocks the access if you want to get up and walk to the rear of the coach.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS