Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Towing: Changing flat tires?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Towing

Open Roads Forum  >  Towing

> Changing flat tires?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev
Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 03/29/21 01:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ffor those of you saying to use a block to run the good tire on to raise the bad tire. Remember, that doesn't work on ALL axles. My las t TT had floating axles, and you could raise the good tire 18 inches, and the bad tire would still be firmly on the ground.
So doing a dry run is a great idea to see if raising the good tire will actually raise the bad tire. That's why I carry a bottle jack, and use links levelers to put it on.

Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 03/29/21 05:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Terryallan wrote:

Ffor those of you saying to use a block to run the good tire on to raise the bad tire. Remember, that doesn't work on ALL axles. My las t TT had floating axles, and you could raise the good tire 18 inches, and the bad tire would still be firmly on the ground.
So doing a dry run is a great idea to see if raising the good tire will actually raise the bad tire. That's why I carry a bottle jack, and use links levelers to put it on.

Interesting! Please show what axles you have that give 18" suspension travel.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/21 06:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Terryallan wrote:

Interesting! Please show what axles you have that give 18" suspension travel.

They were on my 2004 Fleetwood Pioneer. And raising either wheel would not raise the other. As I remember, they were floating axles. I haven't tried it on the TT I have now. I just go ahead and use the jack.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Towing

> Changing flat tires?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Towing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.