cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Nashville Tn. in late June

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
On our way west we're thinking about stopping at Nashville TN for a couple of days. I checked out Campgroundreviews.com and there are quite a few very good campgrounds. I'm thinking of staying at the Nashville KOA on Music Valley Dr. mostly because it has a good rating , is close to downtown and has a shuttle service. We don't have a tow so we'll use either a shuttle, Uber or a taxis. Not being familiar with this city I'd rather not rent a car. Does anyone have a campground they really enjoyed while visiting there and would be able to fill our needs?
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!
6 REPLIES 6

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nashvegas haha I like it. The big difference is that when you leave Nashville TN you have some money left over.
Puma 30RKSS

Diamond_c
Nomad
Nomad
We have never camped in Nashvagas but have been there many times as itโ€™s only 1 1/2 hrs away from home. Down town is worth the time to visit, 2nd street, printers alley, 16th av. restaurant and bars

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Yogi Bear and 2 Rivers share a fence line. Both are acceptable, both are on the shuttle route as is the KOA. We stay at Yogi Bear when in Nashville and have no complaints. Broadway Street is the big attraction and worthy of a days visit. Great restaurants and music bars all over the place.

A suggestion though is to go see the Hermitage, Andrew Jacksons home and museum. Very comprehensive and worth the time to go see.

mkc
Explorer
Explorer
The last (and only) time we stayed at Two Rivers, we discovered

a) They are adjacent to a commercial bus garage/yard that operates 24/7

b) There are no breakers at the site hookups - they are all quite a distance away on a central board

c) Many of the sites flood during heavy rain.

KOA is a better option.
2017 LTV Unity

Geo_Boy
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have stayed at the KOA and Two Rivers. The KOA is nice but they are expensive and when I requested an available site they wanted to charge me an additional $25.00 because it wasnโ€™t a site the computer chose, strange. Two Rivers is nice and the owners are very accommodating. The same shuttle service visits both campgrounds.

mleekamp
Explorer
Explorer
Right on Music Valley Dr where you are staying, are 2 other campgrounds....we have stayed twice at Two Rivers, right next door to the KOA. It's smaller, but family run. There is also the Nashville RV resort on the same street.

I'd say that any of the 3, which includes the KOA you choose, is a fine choice. We too liked the central and yet easy in/out location. Personally, we like more open spaces but for camping inside Nashville, the 3 on Music Valley Dr can't be beat.