cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Host Cascade

Barry_W
Explorer
Explorer
It has been a while since I was a regular here. I am thinking of possibly buying a Host Cascade. I went and looked at a used 2018. It had been treated pretty rough. Possible frame damage and a lot of delamination going on. Is delamination a problem for other host owners. They want too much for their campers to have delamination going on in a relatively young camper. I have a 2004 snowriver 9-6 DS that is in better condition than the 2018 host I looked at. I like the Cascade floor plan. Any thoughts on host products please respond.

On another note, is Beddows still here with his Snowriver camper?
Thank you Barry
2006 F350 4x4 DRW CREW CAB 6.0

SNOWRIVER 9'6" DINETTE ALL WEATHER PACKAGE

FIRESTONE AIR BAGS
RANCHO 9000X SHOCKS

HONDA EU2000

1000 WATT INVERTER
27 REPLIES 27

Barry_W
Explorer
Explorer

Been a while since posting pics here, Hope this works. SR at cape lookout. Barry

FIRESTONE AIR BAGS
RANCHO 9000X SHOCKS

HONDA EU2000

1000 WATT INVERTER

Barry_W
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks hemi joel, we sat in a cascade 2018's recliners. They were cloth and they sat very well for us. I don't think there is a perfect camper. The cascade is the first camper that I have seen and spent some time in that I'm willing to trade my snowriver for. We visited a 1165 about a year and a half ago, it was really nice but the dinnet didn't fit my wife and I unlike the SR we were use to. I tow a small boat and I tow my sxs, the cascade allows for a much shorter hitch. I really like the side entry campers, hard decisions, hoping the build quality is really good. That to me is the most important aspect of the new camper. Thank you for giving us your thoughts on the cascade. Barry

FIRESTONE AIR BAGS
RANCHO 9000X SHOCKS

HONDA EU2000

1000 WATT INVERTER

Hemi_Joel
Explorer
Explorer
Barry W wrote:
The main thing I'm looking for in my next camper is comfortable recliners. Doesn't need to be any particular manufacture. I do need to be comfortable with the build quality as I was when I bought my SR from five star rv in henderson colorado. Thanks for the replies, never easy making the final decision. Barry

Barry, if you are buying a camper for the recliners, I recommend that you spend some time sitting relaxing in them before you decide. Everyone's body is different, and the recliners are different shape and material. I was in your position with my Arctic Fox 1150. I loved the camper but wanted recliners. I looked at and sat in EVERY camper that offers recliners. I really liked the Cascade, (except for the bathroom door) but the recliner didn't work for me. The upholstery was slippery, and I felt like I was straining not to slide downward.
I finally settled on the Eagle Cap 1165, with the cloth upholstery on the recliners. I just melt into the chair - so relaxing. But everyone is different.
2018 Eagle Cap 1163 triple slide, 400W solar, MPPT, on a 93 Dodge D350 Cummins, DTT 89 torque converter, big turbo, 3 extra main leafs, Rancho 9000s rear, Monroe gas magnums front, upper overloads removed, home made stableloads, bags.

Barry_W
Explorer
Explorer
I have an end of September estimated pick up of my cascade. I will be putting it on my 2006 f350 dually. This is my retirement truck, it has yet to turn 50000 miles on it. Barry

FIRESTONE AIR BAGS
RANCHO 9000X SHOCKS

HONDA EU2000

1000 WATT INVERTER

Bedlam
Ram doesn't put a stabilizer bar on any of its trucks except the 5500. Ford offers it as an option on the SRW and standard on the DRW. Not sure about GM's current setup.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

billsnp5
Explorer
Explorer
Barry W wrote:
Billsnp5, how are you liking your host? How is your truck with your cascade? Is the Host as well made as your AF was. My Cascade is on order, not sure when it will be ready to camp in. Host is pretty backed up manufacturing wise. That's good news I think, as people will wait for quality. Hoping that is the case for the back log. Barry

So far we love it. The quality on our AF was good and the Host seems as good so far. The recliners are nice. They are not as comfortable as at home but large very comfortable recliners would take up to much space . I would suggest trying them out. We didn't try any of the other makes with recliners because of the weight difference between the Cascade and the other large truck campers with recliner options.
The new truck handles it just fine. The only thing for some reason Ram decided the 3500 didn't need a rear sway bar which seems so dumb. Waiting on Helwig to come out with one for it.
2021 Host Cascade
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW 4X4 Crew Cab Diesel
2013 Phoenix 721 Bass Boat

Barry_W
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks bedlam for the Beddows update. Barry

FIRESTONE AIR BAGS
RANCHO 9000X SHOCKS

HONDA EU2000

1000 WATT INVERTER

Bedlam
Barry W wrote:
Beddows loved the Snowriver campers. He was very knowledgeable of truck campers.
I miss the conversations from the early 2000's. It was here I learned of the SR campers produced in british columbia. Sorry rryto hear he was banded. Barry

Beddows sold his SR TC and bought a TT. That trailer was in an accident and I do not know if/what replaced it. He failed to follow the rules of this forum often enough to be removed (which happens to very few). You will need to reach him through other forums or social media if you wish to contact him.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
We ordered the cascade. Loved our mammoth except found the bath door and placement a little off for us.
However, I think the mammoth is the most popular Host out there so maybe it was just us that found it off putting. I had zero issues with Host quality and I know guys on here that have had them for a few years and they love them. I will be adding some more 6 Volt batts and an inverter when it shows up. I did not order a gen set because of experience with these in another TC. I will carry a portable one if we should need it.
We use the TC more in the winter and the coach more in the summer. So even though I did order an AC unit on the TC it won't get a lot of use.
2017 Host mammoth, sold
49 states, 41 National Parks, 7 Provinces
2019 2 door Rubicon 6 spd.
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

Barry_W
Explorer
Explorer
Beddows loved the Snowriver campers. He was very knowledgeable of truck campers.
I miss the conversations from the early 2000's. It was here I learned of the SR campers produced in british columbia. Sorry rryto hear he was banded. Barry

FIRESTONE AIR BAGS
RANCHO 9000X SHOCKS

HONDA EU2000

1000 WATT INVERTER

54suds
Explorer
Explorer
Beddows was finally barred on this forum
2021 Chev 6.6 duramax ltz DBL cab,drw,4x/torklift tdn's,
1999 Bigfoot 1011

Barry_W
Explorer
Explorer
Zb39 which host do you have on order, that is going to be quite the set up on that Ram 5500. Are you planning to tow anything with it. You surly want have many limitations. You must have been happy with your mamouth to order another host. Can you tell me some of your likes and dislikes from your experiences with your first host? Barry

FIRESTONE AIR BAGS
RANCHO 9000X SHOCKS

HONDA EU2000

1000 WATT INVERTER

Barry_W
Explorer
Explorer
Billsnp5, how are you liking your host? How is your truck with your cascade? Is the Host as well made as your AF was. My Cascade is on order, not sure when it will be ready to camp in. Host is pretty backed up manufacturing wise. That's good news I think, as people will wait for quality. Hoping that is the case for the back log. Barry

FIRESTONE AIR BAGS
RANCHO 9000X SHOCKS

HONDA EU2000

1000 WATT INVERTER

billsnp5
Explorer
Explorer
Barry W wrote:
The main thing I'm looking for in my next camper is comfortable recliners. Doesn't need to be any particular manufacture. I do need to be comfortable with the build quality as I was when I bought my SR from five star rv in henderson colorado. Thanks for the replies, never easy making the final decision. Barry

The recliners is why we bought a new Cascade last November. the dining room benches in our previous 990 AF got very uncomfortable after sitting in them for a while.
2021 Host Cascade
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW 4X4 Crew Cab Diesel
2013 Phoenix 721 Bass Boat