cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While using my black tank flush

jimbo4UT
Explorer
Explorer
For the first time it filled up the fresh water tank!!! There is no other valve to turn on-off so what gives?

I’m traveling today ( yes I drained the fresh water tank). Look forward to your replies.

Thanks in advance

Jimbo
18 REPLIES 18

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
jimbo4UT wrote:
Guys here is what I know. Opened the black tank turned on the water and a slow stream came out of the sewer hose (water was clear) the other side of the rv were you gravity feed the fresh water tank it was pouring water out of it. That’s all I know

Jimbo
Fun to troubleshoot. Are you saying that you opened the black tank valve first, no water came out, then you turned on water pressure and saw water begin to exit the black tank?

That would go against my first thought. My best guess is that there was already a small bit of water in the black tank. You opened the valve and saw water come out. But if water is exiting the fresh water overflow, while you have water pressure turned on, then it must mean you were hooked up to the fresh water fill. Crazy part is you claim the fresh water fill is on the other side of the trailer.

Maybe the plumbing line of the black tank flush has a small leak. You might have been flushing the black tank at the same time youre leaking water onto the ground.

Are you positive the fresh tank was full? I think you said that you drained the fresh tank. Did you literally dump 100 gallons on the ground? Not making fun, just trying to figure out what we can call facts.

The dealer must have prefilled the fresh tank for you?

jimbo4UT
Explorer
Explorer
I’ll check Thursday when I get back to the rv. On a very good side note I sold my house in 4 days. It’s back to full time on April 28th

Jimbo
Stafford Virginia

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you went to flush the black and it filled the fresh... You used the wrong connection or the connections are mis-labeled (This. by the way, is very common.. labels screwed up)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
Reads like an early April Fool Joke.

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
jimbo4UT wrote:
Guys here is what I know. Opened the black tank turned on the water and a slow stream came out of the sewer hose (water was clear) the other side of the rv were you gravity feed the fresh water tank it was pouring water out of it. That’s all I know

Jimbo

With the info given above I would guess somebodyinstalled a flush kit and put it into the wrong tank. If this is a new unit contact the manufacturer.
If it is used you can try the manufacturer but odds are they will tell you the previous owner self installed a flush kit into the wrong tank. If that is the case properly lable it as a fresh water fill port, sanitize your freshwater system as you should every year and move on.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
I've got a 2019 Rockwood and the only way to fill the fresh water tank is to fill it from the side of the trailer, up front where the tank is.

At the rear of my rig, it has the black tank flush connection and the city water connection and also a winterization connection.

I know some of the higher end units have those city water connections that will also fill the fresh water tank if you flip a valve, but that's usually in a compartment and clearly marked? Dunno, because I don't have that feature... 🙂

The only valve I have is for that winterization connection and you have to flip to to suck in your RV AF...

One reason I don't do that, ha, ha... But that's a whole other topic!

My Dad made the mistake of hooking up to the black tank connection thinking it was the city water connection and not too long later, had flooded his 5th wheel and with the toilet in the 5th wheel part of the rig, it was a mess...

He got it all cleaned out and all, but cost a lot of $$ and time..

Good luck! Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

jimbo4UT
Explorer
Explorer
The connection is right above the tank pulls where I connected the hose

jimbo4UT
Explorer
Explorer
2021 sunseeker 3010ds

Ed_Gee
Explorer
Explorer
Ed_Gee wrote:
Appreciate the feedback ... but considering how many different varieties of RV plumbing options there are ... still unclear just exactly where did you put the hose to flush out the black tank .... was it screwed to a dedicated and labeled receptacle for black tank flush ... or something else? We need some specifics , like make / model / year of your RV might be extremely helpful for some of us to try to figure out just what was going on ....
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

Ed_Gee
Explorer
Explorer
Appreciate the feedback ... but considering how many different varieties of RV plumbing options there are ... still unclear just exactly where did you put the hose to flush out the black tank .... was it screwed to a dedicated and labeled receptacle for black tank flush ... or something else? Also, make / model / year of your RV might be extremely helpful for some of us to try to figure out just what was going on ....
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

jimbo4UT
Explorer
Explorer

Jimbo

Ed_Gee
Explorer
Explorer
I suspect Chris3403 likely nailed the problem. Easy enough to mistakenly plug the flush hose into the city water inlet if they are close to each other and operator not paying enough attention. Still, since the OP has not responded with more specifics we are all left to just guess how that could have occurred.
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
From the way I understand your post is that by connection to the black tank flush
it immediately started filling fresh water tank which tells me it's labeled wrong.

Cross contamination from black tank to fresh water tank would be a disastrous plumbing error and highly unlikely given it's simplicity.

chris3403
Explorer
Explorer
My Black Flush Tank connection is right above my Fresh Water connection.
I've been to all 50 States but my RV hasn't.