cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Also replacement axle

sjridge
Explorer
Explorer
My 2009 Flagsraff Shamrock 23RS needs a new axle. So far Alko/Dexter team has not been much help. The tag on the axle is J296 262382. 10” hub with 4.5th bolt pattern. Any help is appreciated.
08 Honda Ridgeline
08 Shamrock 23RS
Prodigy & Equalizer
6 REPLIES 6

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
https://www.easternmarine.com/ Right in your backyard.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
PastorCharlie wrote:
If you need to view a purchase go to Tractor Supply. They sell axles.

They sell "SOME" or a "COUPLE" of the possible combinations and configurations at "SOME", not "ALL" of their stores.

There are quite a few possibilities of the proper length, proper mount and the last time I saw the inside of my local TSC they had stopped carrying all but the lightest weight 2,000 lb axles and that was a few yrs ago.. Besides, TSC charges an arm and leg plus your first born form much of the items they sell..

OP is far better off to simply order the proper and correct axle setup from a legit place like ETRAILER rather than drive all over the country trying to track down the exact configuration they need at a TSC store.

Barring that, they could try finding and contacting ANY CARGO/FLATBED/HORSE trailer dealer or builder with parts department (not just RV dealers) that is local to them.. I have a couple of custom trailer builders near me, they almost always will have a few new axles in stock for their builds.

But, OP has never come back and explained the reason why they need a axle, most times the axle can be reused if they lost a bearing unless the tip of the stub where the threads are was damaged..

Some folks may look at the center of the axle and notice an upwards arch in the tube and think they have bent their axle when in reality the arch is put the by the manufacturer on purpose and for a reason..

If they bent the axle stub (area under the drum) then they most likely have other items bent and may need more than just the axle..

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
If you need to view a purchase go to Tractor Supply. They sell axles.

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
You can buy axles almost everywhere even through Etrailer. All you need is the axle capacity and a few measurements. “Hub face and spring center.”

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Its a 3500lb axle, not much special about that.

You do need to know the full length from outside dimension axle stub to stub, if it straight, drop, over spring or under spring mount.

Drop axle, you will need to measure the drop..

Any reason as to why it needs replaced?

If you think it is bent since it has a "bow" in the middle of the axle, it is not, that bow is present intentionally (darn spell check changed it to something else) and is normal when unloaded, when loaded that bow will straighten out some. Without the bow your tires will scrub off the insides when loaded.

If stubs are damaged from seized bearing, they sometimes can be cleaned up and used again, carefully cut off seized bearing races and then smooth and polish stub but sometimes result is catastrophic like damaged threads, deep galling..

Bent stub?

Yeah, then axle replacement most likely needed and perhaps a few other parts..

Busdriver
Explorer
Explorer
Try southwest wheel

Busdriver

2019 2500 Chevy Duramax , - 2017 Grand Design 303 RLS