cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

DFW Class C Sevice

hpdrver
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking to get our first Ford Class C and have heard it is sometimes hard to find Ford dealers to do warranty work on the Ford chassis. We are in Arlington and would appreciate any advice on nearby Ford dealers who service motorhomes . Thanks
Texas Two Step
2021 Coach House 272XLFR
2020 JL Jeep Wrangler
11 REPLIES 11

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Further to BND's comments, service quality is a subjective thing. One person's good might be someone else's marginal. You might get great care one day, and poor on another, from the same place. It's the nature of the automotive service business beast, in general.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Its my understanding that you have NOT made a purchase yet ?
To be honest, this is the first time i have heard of a lack of Ford truck/rv service dealerships.
If you finally decide to make this purchase because you verified that someone liked a Ford truck dealer near you , what will you do if you need Ford warranty service while on the road ??

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
You might check 5 Star Ford in N Richland Hills. When I was there with my F250, I saw 2 C class in the shop being worked on.
2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI

PartyOf_Five
Explorer
Explorer
I contribute to rvServiceReviews.com

Here's their Texas page:

http://www.rvservicereviews.com/RVServiceMobile/StateList.asp?Submit=&sortby=location&state=TX&search=&CategoryID=&width=412
PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the created. 5 yrsL 50k, 49 states & 9 provinces.

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.

hpdrver
Explorer
Explorer
I used your advice and search results show Auto Nation South Fort Worth service Class C motorhomes. Has anyone used this dealer and if so, how was the service,
Texas Two Step
2021 Coach House 272XLFR
2020 JL Jeep Wrangler

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
It's not just Class C motorhomes on the Mercedes-Benz chassis that are hard to find service for...this thread has some ways to locate service for Ford chassis, but nothing is ever definite/certain. You still have to call and ask, to confirm.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/finding-ford-motorhome-chassis-service-locations-357055.html
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.

hpdrver
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for info but I am sure Ford does not authorize mobile mechanics to repair chassis warranty items. I searched the Ford commercial truck listings but this is not always accurate. I am hoping someone who has used a Ford dealer in the DFW area can comment on where he had warranty work done. Thanks
Texas Two Step
2021 Coach House 272XLFR
2020 JL Jeep Wrangler

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
hpdrver wrote:
We are looking to get our first Ford Class C and have heard it is sometimes hard to find Ford dealers to do warranty work on motorhomes. We are in Arlington and would appreciate any advice on nearby Ford dealers who service motorhomes . Thanks

I use mobile mechanics who come to my house to work on my Class C motorhome.

One mechanic can fix anything on the coach and another mechanic can do an awful lot on the Ford E450 chassis right there in my yard.

Their prices are reasonable and of course they come on the scheduled day and get the job done.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Dusty R wrote:
Best place is Ford Truck Dealer.

True, or a truck stop/truck shop like Loves/Pilot/Flying J/TA and so on with their larger service bays, and sometimes drive-thru service. I also got an oil change/service on my small Sunstar 26HE Ford F53 chassis, at an Irving truck stop in Maine 3 years ago. Drive thru service. Most corner Ford dealerships can't handle the class C or larger motorhomes, simply because they won't fit in their service bays.

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
Best place is Ford Truck Dealer.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Do a search. Ford Commercial Vehicle Centers Nationwide
Pick off the listed dealerships.

If buying a new unit , you will most likely be heading back to the rv dealer before the Ford dealer if at all. I replaced my radio under the rv warranty not the Ford warranty.

My oil changes get done at a truck shop, along with brakes, tires etc. where i personally know and trust the mechanics. Just save receipts for those non warranty service items. .