cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bedroom door

Headed_West
Explorer
Explorer
Are you suppose to leave the bedroom door open or closed when traveling? I have a 30RLS. The door popped off the hinges. Seems the trailer flex's to much and the door bound and pulled the door hinges out and the door jam as well.. Ive noticed when not level the door won't close right. Again is this normal?
2016 F-250 Crewcab 6.2L 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar Half Ton 30RLI
9 REPLIES 9

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Headed West wrote:
Are you suppose to leave the bedroom door open or closed when traveling? I have a 30RLS. The door popped off the hinges. Seems the trailer flex's to much and the door bound and pulled the door hinges out and the door jam as well.. Ive noticed when not level the door won't close right. Again is this normal?

No, not normal.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

Splashers3
Explorer
Explorer
Our bed slides in and blocks the door from opening very wide in the event it should pop open. Our bathroom door is a pocket door and has a nice latch to keep it closed. The shower door also has a firm latch, but for extra protection we wedge a pool fun noodle in the track. Our bedroom closet doors have 2 very strong latches at the bottom which really keep them from sliding open.

So far no issues.
2017 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali, C/C, D/A, DRW, w/40gal Aux tank, 18K B&W Patriot.
2019 Cedar Creek Hathaway, 34RL2 - w/Bells & Whistles and disc brakes
Traded 2009 Cedar Creek Silverback, GII, 32 WRL

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
So my doors won't bang around when underway, I close them. No issues.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
not enough information for me to understand door or flex in the frame. Guessing flex in the Lippert frame. Have installed doors of homes for many years and have had several rv's and no issues. Homes are different of course but a good quality fifthwheel can have the same pocket door hardware as a home can have but I didn't think I saw it was a pocket door on the post. Pictures would make it much easier to understand. chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Definitely sounds like an alignment issue. Have no idea though if it's a frame issue or axle issue. If it's an axle issue, you would've noticed problems with your tire wear and tear. Our FW is 10 years old and we've never had that problem. Just as an FYI, we always close the lavatory door and latch the shower door, the only two doors, other than the entrance, in our trailer.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

salem
Explorer
Explorer
Door wedge. We've been using that brace that came with the 5th wheel that keeps the slide from accidently coming open in transport to keep the door open. But, lately, the sliding door seems to be bouncing off the rails and we've been trying to think of a way to prop it open. Door wedge! Thanks ParrotHead Mike.

Parrothead_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
I leave the bedroom door open, but use a door wedge on the bottom so the door doesn't swing when moving.
2018 Chevy 2500HD Duramax - 2015 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
16K Huskey EZ Roller Hitch - EU2000i Honda Generator

Headed_West
Explorer
Explorer
the screws failed. When we got home from our last trip the door was hanging by just a couple screws. Just making sure I don't have a cracked frame or anything. When the weight of the trailer is on the truck the door binds but is fine when level.
2016 F-250 Crewcab 6.2L 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar Half Ton 30RLI

mtofell1
Explorer
Explorer
Doors, like everything in these RVs, are cheap and break easily. I always drive with mine closed just so it's not slamming around. When you say, "popped off the hinges," do you mean the screws failed or the hinge pins came out?

As for not closing right, I could actually level my 5th wheel better by watching the bedroom door than the level. If I'm not totally level it won't stay open.