Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Chevy 2500 HD truck shortage
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Chevy 2500 HD truck shortage

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Americamper

Anniston AL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/29/21 06:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was ready to buy a new truck today but the dealer did not have any of the Chevy 2500's with the new gas engine and did not know when he would be getting some. Anyone else noticed this? If you want a duramax there are some of those but I really wanted the gas burner this time. Would be my first new truck in 20 years.

2000 F250 Superduty 7.3 SB SRW, E rated Michelins, Torklifts, fastguns,2004 Northstar Laredo, , Ducati Hypermotard 1100, KTM 250XC

billtex

RI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/30/21 04:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Americamper wrote:

I was ready to buy a new truck today but the dealer did not have any of the Chevy 2500's with the new gas engine and did not know when he would be getting some. Anyone else noticed this? If you want a duramax there are some of those but I really wanted the gas burner this time. Would be my first new truck in 20 years.

Supply chain is still struggling.

Why are you looking at 3/4 tons? This is a TC forum.

Do yourself a favor, go drive the new Fords. I went back to gas this time also. After 35 years of GM, I am now driving a F350.

IMO GM really dropped the ball putting a six speed behind their new gasser.

Go take a test drive, you will be surprised.

2020 F350 CC LB
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella
"Good People Drink Good Beer"-Hunter S Thompson

mkirsch

Rochester, NY

View Profile

Posted: 03/30/21 07:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They shut the WORLD down for three months last year, or did you forget about that?

After that, the auto manufactures retooled to make ventilators for a while.

The supply chain still hasn't caught up. Some of it is still shut down. Certain vital components are in short supply in every industry.

Heck our local Walmart hasn't had store brand knockoff Mt Dew for over a year.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

Sjm9911

New Jersey

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/30/21 07:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think all the bigger trucks are in demand, and the supplies are a bit short. There are shortages across the chip makers, and everything else due to the corona. Keep looking you will find something. It might take a few, or have it built. I like my 6.6 gasser.

2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

Lwiddis

Near DVNP, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/30/21 09:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My local Chevy dealer had one...one...2500 on his lot last week.

"GM really dropped the ball putting a six speed behind their new gasser." AGREED!

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AMP Lithium battery. TALL flag pole. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

MORSNOW

Mountain Home, ID

View Profile

Posted: 03/30/21 09:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GM is shutting down their midsize truck plants (Colorado/Canyon) and diverting the chips to the full size truck plants to ramp up production of high profit vehicles that are in demand. The new 6.6 has had great reviews from owners.

2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD

7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 03/30/21 11:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't know if the supply got lower, but it is hard to notice that demands for anything with solid value is getting higher and higher.
New Sprinters have 1 year wait time, house prices skyrocket in all good areas.
Even pair of pants is more expensive and harder to find today.
When I was on the market for new Ford, few computer clicks found me really good deals in 1500 miles radius I ask for.
Turned out the best deals on truck were in WA state at the time, but I decided to special order, when dealer gave me price guarantee.
By the time I was picking up my truck 3 months alter, the MSRP was already $1500 higher.

deserteagle56

Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 03/30/21 11:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is a supply problem for all manufacturers right now. I keep reading about them in the financial news about not able to get the parts they need from THEIR suppliers so they have stock to build trucks with.

Biggest auto dealer in my nearby town sells Fords. A year ago they had something like 50 Superduties sitting on the lot. When I drove by a week ago they had 4. Plus a couple F150s and one Ranger. They are selling as fast as they are delivered despite the crazy asking prices.

1996 Bigfoot 2500 9.5 on a 2004 Dodge/Cummins dually

Americamper

Anniston AL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/30/21 06:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

billtex wrote:

Americamper wrote:

Supply chain is still struggling.

Why are you looking at 3/4 tons? This is a TC forum.

Do yourself a favor, go drive the new Fords. I went back to gas this time also. After 35 years of GM, I am now driving a F350.

IMO GM really dropped the ball putting a six speed behind their new gasser.

Go take a test drive, you will be surprised.

Americamper

Anniston AL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/30/21 06:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes this is a truck camper forum but I don't carry a behemoth like some do. I am not knocking them though. To each his own. I have been fine with my F250 for 12 years. The 2021 chevy 2500 with the gas 6.6 would have more payload than my current truck.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Chevy 2500 HD truck shortage
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.