Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Park suggestions/opinions in or near San Jose, CA.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

 > Park suggestions/opinions in or near San Jose, CA.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
rk911

DuPage County

Senior Member

Joined: 05/30/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 03/29/21 07:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Background: My brother-in-law in San Jose passed away earlier this month. My wife and I are the successsor trustees for his estate. We are in Illinois. We'll be coming to San Jose in a month or so to clean out/up/sell his residence, car, establish control of his assets and follow his wishes as expressed in the trust. We expect to be in San Jose for as much as 3-months...hopefully a lot less and no longer. BTW, this will be my 4th stint as a succesor trustee. i should hang a shingle.

Our first choice of course is to take and live in our motorhome. A pet-friendly extended stay hotel is our Plan B but we'd really rather not go that way. I have identified several RV and trailer parks in the area and am looking for any first-person information about the park, the area where the park is located,etc. We are looking for a FHU pet-friendly site for a 40' triple slide MH and our Jeep SUV. The only other requirement is a clear view of the sky for our rooftop sat. dish. Pools, tec halls, pot-luck dinners are of no importance. I have read the reviews of each of these parks on RV Park Reviews. If anyone has park suggestions not listed here please feel free to suggest them.

These are the potential parks i have identified listed in no particular order:

- Trailer Tel RV Park, San Jose
- Aloha Trailer & RV Park, Sunnyvale CA
- Coyote Valley RV Resort, Morgan Hill, CA
- Elk Lodge 2121, Fremont, CA
- Parkway Lakes RV Park, Morgan Hill, CA
- Maple Leaf RV Park, Morgan Hill, CA
- Garden City Trailer Park, San Jose, CA

Thanks for reading. Looking forward to your responses.


Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
_________________________________
2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
'46 Willys CJ2A
'03 Jeep Wrangler TJ
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

rdhetrick

Texas

Senior Member

Joined: 08/30/2012

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 03/29/21 07:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've stayed at Coyote Valley RV several times while working in Cupertino. It was always well kept and clean and quiet. Far enough away from the "big city" but close to all the grocery and shopping stores in Morgan Hill. I'll stay there again next time I need to be in the area.


Rob
2006 Mandalay 40E Full Time
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee

CA Traveler

The Western States

Senior Member

Joined: 01/03/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/29/21 09:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

X2 Coyote Valley, good access to SJ. The SJ trailer parks area is questionable, but I can get a update from my SJ Fireman son if you want as I haven't been there in a while.

Rush hour traffic is rather heavy but hopefully you can avoid it. Hopefully your expenses are covered and your vaccinated.

Sorry for your loss.


2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob


CA Traveler

The Western States

Senior Member

Joined: 01/03/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/29/21 09:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BTW You have an objective of course. But there are absolutly beautiful areas to visit on your transient. While in SJ with some down time visit the coast from Half Moon Bay to Big Sur.

And if I may on your way home - go up 101 through the Redwoods and the extremely beautiful OR coast which isn't that far off the direct route. [emoticon]

rk911

DuPage County

Senior Member

Joined: 05/30/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 03/29/21 09:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CA Traveler wrote:

X2 Coyote Valley, good access to SJ. The SJ trailer parks area is questionable, but I can get a update from my SJ Fireman son if you want as I haven't been there in a while.

Rush hour traffic is rather heavy but hopefully you can avoid it. Hopefully your expenses are covered and your vaccinated.

Sorry for your loss.


they are covered and we will be by the tine we leave. thanks. and we're including some of the trailer parks as a Plan 1a. you might ask your buddy whuch TPs are in OK areas.

wapiticountry

Mountain West

Senior Member

Joined: 10/02/2011

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Online
Posted: 03/30/21 07:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why not just stay in the house until it is sold? With the market as hot as it is, it should sell within days of listing, so make the closing day 30 to 45 days after contract, get everything else done and be finished. Staying on premises would greatly reduce the hassles of commuting and probably serve as motivation to get in, get done, get out. (something I sometimes need with a project I take on reluctantly)

rk911

DuPage County

Senior Member

Joined: 05/30/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 03/30/21 10:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wapiticountry wrote:

Why not just stay in the house until it is sold? With the market as hot as it is, it should sell within days of listing, so make the closing day 30 to 45 days after contract, get everything else done and be finished. Staying on premises would greatly reduce the hassles of commuting and probably serve as motivation to get in, get done, get out. (something I sometimes need with a project I take on reluctantly)

he was a horder. all rooms filled with stuff. gonna take a while to sort thru atuff and clean out. garage filled with more stuff.

Alan_Hepburn

San Jose, Ca, USA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/02/2003

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 03/30/21 12:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rk911 wrote:

CA Traveler wrote:

X2 Coyote Valley, good access to SJ. The SJ trailer parks area is questionable, but I can get a update from my SJ Fireman son if you want as I haven't been there in a while.

Rush hour traffic is rather heavy but hopefully you can avoid it. Hopefully your expenses are covered and your vaccinated.

Sorry for your loss.


they are covered and we will be by the tine we leave. thanks. and we're including some of the trailer parks as a Plan 1a. you might ask your buddy which TPs are in OK areas.


As a San Jose resident I would say that NONE of the trailer parks IN San Jose are very desirable - they are all your typical "trailer park" rather than RV parks. You're better off going down to Morgan Hill - Coyote Valley RV is nice, but their price reflects that, and they are pretty strict about adhering to their "10-year" rule. Maple Leaf RV Park is more reasonable, if they have any openings - they've concentrated on long-term residents lately and I don't know how many transient sites they keep available. Farther south would be Betabel RV Park - they have a pretty good sized transient section. Farther out would be Casa de Fruta, but that's an hour away from San Jose.


----------------------------------------------
Alan & Sandy Hepburn driving a 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E on a Workhorse chassis - Proud to be a Blue Star Family!
Good Sam Member #566004


wapiticountry

Mountain West

Senior Member

Joined: 10/02/2011

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Online
Posted: 03/30/21 12:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rk911 wrote:

wapiticountry wrote:

Why not just stay in the house until it is sold? With the market as hot as it is, it should sell within days of listing, so make the closing day 30 to 45 days after contract, get everything else done and be finished. Staying on premises would greatly reduce the hassles of commuting and probably serve as motivation to get in, get done, get out. (something I sometimes need with a project I take on reluctantly)

he was a horder. all rooms filled with stuff. gonna take a while to sort thru atuff and clean out. garage filled with more stuff.
Having had to close a mobile home park that had several hoarder homes to clear I can tell you your best course of action is to hire a professional service to haul everything away. You aren’t going to find any hidden treasures,.

rk911

DuPage County

Senior Member

Joined: 05/30/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 03/30/21 04:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wapiticountry wrote:

rk911 wrote:

wapiticountry wrote:

Why not just stay in the house until it is sold? With the market as hot as it is, it should sell within days of listing, so make the closing day 30 to 45 days after contract, get everything else done and be finished. Staying on premises would greatly reduce the hassles of commuting and probably serve as motivation to get in, get done, get out. (something I sometimes need with a project I take on reluctantly)

he was a horder. all rooms filled with stuff. gonna take a while to sort thru atuff and clean out. garage filled with more stuff.
Having had to close a mobile home park that had several hoarder homes to clear I can tell you your best course of action is to hire a professional service to haul everything away. You aren’t going to find any hidden treasures,.

understand. we've been through this before with his mother. his mom had hidden $...significant $...and we found $ in the room we kept for him here. so we're gonna have to go through pockets and drawers. lots of stuff going to Goodwill or shelters. once we get thru all that 1-800-GOTJUNK will be called.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

 > Park suggestions/opinions in or near San Jose, CA.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.