JoyandCon
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for ideas or method for folding RV Cover
6 REPLIES 6

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
rather than complex folding on ours, I lay it out, kinda tri fold it lengthwise and then stuff it in either a large plastic garbage can or a outdoor deck storage box. Put the back end in first. Then to put it on I can easily just pull it out of the can/box onto the roof and unfold.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
When I used covers, simply threw them into large Rubbermaid trash can.....stored dry of course.

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
When taking it off your RV, get on the roof and pull the cover up from the sides, folding to the center. Then, at the rear, have a clean - hopefully never used plastic trash can on the ground. Pull the cover down from the roof into the can, folding accordion style. If the cover is catching on something up top, free it up and continue - or have someone up there feeding it down. Follow the steps in reverse to cover it back up, storing the trash can just inside the door.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

morley
Explorer
Explorer
X 2 best way to do it and then tuck it back into its storage bag and store until next fall.
2008 Topaz F254SS 26 ft.
2009 Chevy Silverado, 2500HD, Duramax, Allison Tranny, 4x4, EC
250 watt solar panel system, BlueSky controller and remote

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
I lay mine inside down on dry grass in the afternoon after the morning dew is dried off. Fold the ends in, the sides in, and then lengthwise twice to the center long line. Then it gets folded front to rear, rear to front at the half way mark. Next fall you unroll it on top of the trailer and it's right side up.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Slowly and carefully with an eye on reinstalling easily. I roll from the front to back edge. Thence roll the back up to the roof and strap.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad