cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bugs on Windshield

two_travelers
Explorer
Explorer
Was wondering if there was anything that can be put on the winshield to make the bugs come off easier. I'm thinking RainX or some kind of wax etc. Any thoughts??
15 REPLIES 15

macjom
Explorer
Explorer
I use Totally Awesome in a spray bottle to remove the bugs on my windshield.

Ro_n_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
2X on Rejex especially if you can get a few coats on the front cap, windshield and mirrors over six months period it lasts for a long time. Just use warm water and a sponge. RainX repels water better but Rejex lasts lots longer. I use Rejex on the entire rig and it also contains UV protection.
2020 Dutch Star 4328 on FL Chassis
2018 Grand Cherokee Limited
Ready Brute Elite Towbar & Road Master Wiring

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
With at least a couple million miles windshield time, use RainX once a month. It also works great for frost.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

Harrydavidson
Explorer
Explorer
Been using Bugslide on the Harley for 10+ yrs. Since I just got my Country Coach Iโ€™ll be using it on that also. On a side note, the Harley Bug remover is still the best thing Iโ€™ve found for removal on the paint and chrome.

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
I've found bug removal to be a pain in the a$$ so I installed a small pressure washer behind the generator slide out. Its plumbed with PEX to a cold water line and wired to the inverter. I just open the slide and pull out the hose. Makes short work of the bugs as long as I do it at every fuel stop before they bake on.
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Still don't think they're LOVE bugs. Just sayin. When those critters die, they emit a small acid type residue. You don't want that on your PAINT for very long either.......Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Ed_C
Explorer
Explorer
When you're done for the day: a soft bristle brush and LOTS of plain water. Just do it as soon as you park.
Ed/Jeanie & Slade the GSD
2017 Entegra Aspire 42 RBQ/ Sierra Crew

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
Take it from this biker... get some Bugslide. The more you use it the better it works.

:C

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
Magic eraser and latter. Comet Cleanser, rag, and a hose.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
For 35 years, I've tried everything to keep the windshield clean. Typically, I would brake out the ladder, a nylon scrubber and window cleaner and scrub the windshield and towel dry. I still do this at home before a trip. However, I was looking for something to clean the windshield while on the road, particularly while getting fuel.

I bought the below scrubber and squeegee combo. I have just been dipping it in the fuel stop water/soap, whatever they have, and scrubbing the windshield. I do half and then squeegee. Amazingly, just their bucket water is doing a better job than the window cleaner I use, no residue. I get a little streaking from the squeegee, but the window really comes out clean.

I stow it and the pole in my generator compartment.

Scrubber
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
Motorcycle windscreens, made of plastic cant be scrubbed as scrubbing scratches the plastic. to remove the bugs.
Bug Off and RainX are good products that not only make bug gut removal easier, also sheet rain water off like a waxed surface
M/Cs dont have wipers. So applying a release agent is best for them , not feasable for most.
Scrubbing off glass is a little more work and $ 0cost than treating with a release agent to get the bug guts off.
M/C yes. Glass no.

_1Flyboy
Explorer
Explorer
Fabric dryer sheets remove bugs easily with a little water....

navigator2346
Explorer
Explorer
ReJex is better than Rain X. It goes on easier and comes off just as easy. I use it on the entire coach with the exception of tires and wheels. Works great in a fiberglass shower enclosure too.

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Millions of miles in a truck, I have killed enough bugs to wonder if man could survive without windshields to control the bug population.
IMHO, Rain-X is worthwhile. But most is clean the bugs off at every stop. And clean all glass every day.