cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

SAFECO

viajante
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone had experience with SAFECO insurance ?If so, what was your experience like ? Thanks much for your feedback.
5 REPLIES 5

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
I am no longer with Safeco due to price increases but had them a few years back. I did have a claim and found them to be very professional. Very please with how things were handled everything and not at all like General Insurance.
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

hypoxia
Explorer
Explorer
I've been with them for a while with no complaints or claims other than glass.
Jim

2007 Monaco Signature Noble III ISX 600HP

Y-Guy
Been with them for about 4 years no complaints, rate increase last year was pretty minor. My broker prices the policies out every 3 years.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

IDman
Explorer
Explorer
Sometimes ins. companies want to limit or cease writing certain lines of coverage in a state because of various factors. These factors could be their overall experience with that type of policy and their loss ratio, could be a result of political actions, societal, etc.

If they notify the state ins. dep't. of their intent, the state tells them that if they want to do business in the state, they have to offer ALL lines of coverages or they can't do business.

The ins. company then simply raises the rates so high that people will not renew with them on those lines of coverage. Problem solved.

MetalGator
Explorer III
Explorer III
The first two years we owned our motorhome, we had SAFECO for insurance. We had the full replacement policy. After the first year, the insurance went up more than $500 and then the 3rd year it more than doubled in price. We ended up not renewing and went with another carrier.

I never did have a claim so I can't comment on that. I think most insurance companies give you a decent price for the first year and then start raising prices at renewal time.

If you get a good quote, I wouldn't hesitate to use them as I have not heard anything negative about them not paying claims. Just keep in mind the price increases as renewal time.
2018 Miramar 35.3 Motorhome
3 fur kids (Monty, ZuZu and Pinto)
Rainbow bridge (Murphy, Petie, Lola)