Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: The Unicorn has almost landed!!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > The Unicorn has almost landed!!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
a-d-s

North Vancouver, BC

Full Member

Joined: 10/15/2011

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 03/31/21 04:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mostly been posting over on the f150gen14 forums lately, but thought I'd share my good news. My 2021 F-150 HDPP has now been built and in transit, set for an Apr/26 delivery. The fancy new Ford VIN/Payload site confirms my yellow sticker will be 2536 lbs, about 30lbs over what I thought based on the order guide. We'll see if that holds true.

Might be a bit tight to do the break in and get it all setup for my first trip in May. It will be painful to use the old truck, but that's life.


2008 Silverado 2500HD 6.0L Vortec
2016 Coleman 262BH
Reese Dual Cam - 1200lb

ktosv

Grand Rapids, MI

Senior Member

Joined: 08/17/2002

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/31/21 04:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Congrats! You are lucky as Ford just announced a two week shutdown and reduced over time for the F150 plant(s).


Kevin and my...
Wife and six kids
2017 Suburban (5.3L/6A/3.08)
6x12 Enclosed Utility

Sold...2011 Express 3500 (6.0L/6A/3.42)
Sold...2010 Passport Ultra Lite 2910

a-d-s

North Vancouver, BC

Full Member

Joined: 10/15/2011

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 03/31/21 04:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes lucky indeed, although I did purposefully order it with minimal options. Anything that can be added later (bed liner, running boards etc.) I will do after it arrives. I've heard stories that trucks are built and sitting there awaiting some trivial option or accessory.

Reisender

NA

Senior Member

Joined: 12/09/2018

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/31/21 04:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice. Congrats.

pitch

NY

Senior Member

Joined: 06/08/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 04/01/21 05:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

a-d-s wrote:

Yes lucky indeed, although I did purposefully order it with minimal options. Anything that can be added later (bed liner, running boards etc.) I will do after it arrives. I've heard stories that trucks are built and sitting there awaiting some trivial option or accessory.


Well computer chips are hardly what I would describe as some trivial option, but ok we'll go with that!

Dadoffourgirls

China, MI USA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/29/2003

View Profile



Posted: 04/01/21 07:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pitch wrote:

a-d-s wrote:

Yes lucky indeed, although I did purposefully order it with minimal options. Anything that can be added later (bed liner, running boards etc.) I will do after it arrives. I've heard stories that trucks are built and sitting there awaiting some trivial option or accessory.


Well computer chips are hardly what I would describe as some trivial option, but ok we'll go with that!


Computer chips are definitely causing a major issue. However, there have been shortages of certain accessories. I know GM stopped allowing orders with certain running boards, certain floor mats, etc.

When I ordered my GMC in November, they were not going to build until March if I stayed with color matching wheel openings. That is why I have black.


Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2017 Express Ext 3500 (Code named "BIGGER ED" by daughters)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS

a-d-s

North Vancouver, BC

Full Member

Joined: 10/15/2011

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 04/01/21 10:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dadoffourgirls wrote:

pitch wrote:

a-d-s wrote:

Yes lucky indeed, although I did purposefully order it with minimal options. Anything that can be added later (bed liner, running boards etc.) I will do after it arrives. I've heard stories that trucks are built and sitting there awaiting some trivial option or accessory.


Well computer chips are hardly what I would describe as some trivial option, but ok we'll go with that!


Computer chips are definitely causing a major issue. However, there have been shortages of certain accessories. I know GM stopped allowing orders with certain running boards, certain floor mats, etc.

When I ordered my GMC in November, they were not going to build until March if I stayed with color matching wheel openings. That is why I have black.


While chips for Sat-Nav are a problem, I have also heard things like wheel well liners, work-surface and running boards are causing delays.

Gene K 2

USA

New Member

Joined: 03/16/2021

View Profile



Posted: 04/01/21 04:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

a-d-s wrote:

Mostly been posting over on the f150gen14 forums lately, but thought I'd share my good news. My 2021 F-150 HDPP has now been built and in transit, set for an Apr/26 delivery. The fancy new Ford VIN/Payload site confirms my yellow sticker will be 2536 lbs, about 30lbs over what I thought based on the order guide. We'll see if that holds true.

Might be a bit tight to do the break in and get it all setup for my first trip in May. It will be painful to use the old truck, but that's life.


My '18 says 1907 on the Yellow Sticker and 1907 on the Ford Fleet Live VIN Specific Calculator so I suspect it's likely correct.

joshuajim

Mojave Desert

Senior Member

Joined: 04/29/2006

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 04/01/21 08:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow! That’s almost exactly what my 2013 HDPP has. 2,592 #


RVing since 1995.

Sjm9911

New Jersey

Senior Member

Joined: 07/01/2020

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 04/01/21 08:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just make sure, didn't ford have a recall because of bad stickers?


2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > The Unicorn has almost landed!!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.