cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Colorado Hwy. 50 road closures

folivier
Explorer
Explorer
Just a reminder as people are starting to plan their summer travels in and through Colorado. Hwy 50 between Gunnison and Montrose will have an ongoing project with daily closures for 2 years starting soon. If you can it would be best to avoid Hwy 50 through this area. See the below for more info.

https://www.us50info.com/
8 REPLIES 8

Not_a_Clue
Explorer
Explorer
We are planning to be through that area this summer and made sure we driving 50 on the weekend.
Linda B.
Our Blog
2009 29' Fleetwood, Fiesta V10 - The Little Bus
2008 Saturn Vue (Toad)with US Gear UBS
& Demco baseplate and tow bar.
FMCA# F412985
Traveling with Robin(friend)& Buddee(cavalier)

4runnerguy
Explorer
Explorer
If you are travelling on the weekend, you should be OK.

CO 92 is not a particularly convenient detour. It will take you from the west end of Blue Mesa Reservoir to Delta where you can catch US 50 again. CO 92 is not a particularly fast route as it winds in and out of every drainage heading down to the Gunnison River. Pretty route though for those who haven't taken it. Adds about 1/2 hour to the trip to/from Delta.
Ken & Allison
2 Camping Cats (1 diabetic)
1996 4Runner, TRD Supercharger, Edelbrock headers
2007 Fleetwood Arcadia, Honda EU2000i
4 mountain bikes, 1 canoe, 4 tents, 8 sleeping bags, 2 backpacks
(You get the idea!)

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for this tip. We are planning to be in that very area toward the and of July. I'll keep a close eye on this. If we have to change plans , No Problem!!!
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!

Old_Days
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks everyone, We have been stuck in road construction before and I don't feel like dealing with it. We have been all over that area many times. We live north of Denver so Hwy 50 is the main road. The best part of being retired is do what you want when you want:)

folivier
Explorer
Explorer
Not trying to keep people away from this area but it is only a 4 mile stretch between mile marker 124 and 127 that is being worked on. The Black Canyon should be accessible from either end. There may be more traffic on Hwy. 92 as that is a designated detour.

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
You have already made your decision but for others if Black Canyon is your destination one can get to it from Montrose without any trouble. The road work is east of it.

Old_Days
Explorer II
Explorer II
Booked 2 nights in the black canyon in july, I will have to call them a week before we leave to see if it is open. Thanks. Just called the park and they said that it's going to be a mess trying to get there so we cancelled the campground reservation.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the reminder.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad