cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Windows 10 Windows Media Player??

DD716TED
Explorer
Explorer
Here I am again knocking of the door of the experts seeking a solution of a Windows 10 / PC Problem... The other day I was going to make a new Windows Play List using Windows Media Player as I have done forever in the past.. EXCEPT that now when I opened the Windows Media Player program and selected make a Playlist.. there 1000's of them already made.. the program without any input had already made an individual playlist for every single music album on my external hard drive which has over 350BG of music on it it.. I deleted all of the playlists and within 2 hours WMP had regenerated a good portion of them and was still working.. never had this happen over the years I had been using WMP..
First thought was just to remove the WMP program and reload it OR try another program in total.. BEFORE I DO ANYTHING, any thoughts on what might be going on or what I should do?? Thanks in advance.. Each day I am shoved closer to the Apple or Chromebook cliff and jumping..
7 REPLIES 7

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
A while back VLC was starting to annoy me, forget why, maybe a codec thing.
I switched to PotPlayer and never looked back.

https://potplayer.daum.net/

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
theoldwizard1 wrote:
VLC has become the "standard" video player. It also audio. It is well maintained.

I will second that it's my 1st choice in players.
But my reason is kind of unique. (I have some video files that do not play properly UNLESS I use VLC)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Jack_Diane_Free
Explorer
Explorer
Agree that VLC works very well with windows 10.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
VLC has become the "standard" video player. It also audio. It is well maintained.

garym114
Explorer
Explorer
WMP will auto create playlists based on your settings. Setting options are found in file, Create auto playlist.
File is displayed in the menu bar. Ctrl m toggles the menu bar off and on.
2000 Sea Breeze F53 V10 - CR-V Toad
Some RV batteries live a long and useful life, some are murdered.
Get a Digital Multimeter and Learn How to Use It

StarkNaked
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have you ever imported or created playlists from other programs?

I don't know for sure, but it would not surprise me if WMP is restoring playlists from the playlist folder. So find your playlist folder and see how many playlists are in that folder. You may have to delete them from there.

Where does Windows Media Player store playlists?
By default, playlists are saved with a .wpl extension in the Playlists folder, which is usually located in the Music folder.

I no longer use WMP for a number of reasons.

My suggestion would be try the free version of J. River Media Jukebox. https://www.jriver.com/mj/

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
This is one option, but the program has been abandoned.

https://mpc-hc.org/