Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Waited on Canada long enough
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Alaska

> Waited on Canada long enough

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
thomas201

Eastern Panhandle WV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/02/21 06:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We will fly into Fairbanks and rent a camper this summer. I waited long enough on Canada to do a vaccination passport (Yellow Card). Well, maybe 2022 for Western Canada, really Yukon and NWT, been to Alberta and BC. It does simplify the revolver to Alaska problem, it will travel as baggage. Cheers, off on a mountain trip, a personal sunrise service on Easter.

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/02/21 06:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You aren't going to see the border open any time soon. Closure has been pushed to 4/21. With Canada very slow on their vaccinations, the US may actually be the ones to keep the border closed. We're heading to Fairbanks in June (flying). I would suggest you get plane tickets ASAP-prices have been going up now that people are willing to travel again. Enjoy your sunrise!

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

Lwiddis

Owens River Road area, north of Mammoth

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/02/21 07:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just as West Virginia governs itself without concern for Canadian interests/feelings, so does Canada.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flag pole. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist14 yr. Army vet-11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

pigman1

Delaware

View Profile

Posted: 04/02/21 09:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yep, it's all turned into a political football with no concern for travelers in either direction, vaccinated or not. They all just don't care. If the April 21 announcement doesn't open the border for through travel to Alaska by mid May, the Bus will go on sale April 22. Sad to see it happen but even sadder to see the impact on Alaskans who depend so completely on those tourist dollars. We've made a lot of good friends up there in the past 15 years that are going to be badly hurt.

Pigman & Piglady
2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43' QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500
SMI Air Force One toad brake
Street Atlas USA Plus

SideHillSoup

South Eastern British Columbia

View Profile

Posted: 04/02/21 10:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Crowe wrote:

With Canada very slow on their vaccinations, the US may actually be the ones to keep the border closed.!

Couple of reasons why Canada’s vaccine roll out is slow are:
1- we don’t make any COVID vaccine in Canada.
2- although Canada has a number of huge orders of vaccine from around the world it doesn’t mean we are getting it. Meaning the deliveries of the vaccine have in the past been delayed for one reason or another, so we wait.
That’s not to say we aren’t getting vaccinated, because we are. At 63, l’m not scheduled in B.C. to “make” an appointment until the end of April beginning of May. The shot will come after the appointment is made when vaccine is available.
Let’s all hope this gets behind us, so we can all hug our grandkids, family and friends again soon
Stay safe everyone.
Soup.

2018 Northern Lite 8-11 EX Dry Bath
2017 Sierra SLE, 3500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Trans
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs
Fast Gun Long Range SS Turnbuckles, Fast Gun locks

charlestonsouthern

Summerville, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/02/21 11:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On CNN, the latest news is that US has a large UK variant breakout in Michigan up near the Canada/US border; Michigan has asked Biden administration to send more vaccine to Michigan over and above the state's allotment.. Of course, other states do not think that is fair. But I see this is necessary because of the geography of these states to the Canadian border. It is no matter whether you are essential or nonessential traffic crossing the border; essential traffic can carry this virus just as well as non-essential traffic, to US or Canada. I'm for an agreement between US and Canada to open up the border at strategic locations, put 24-hour vaccination stations at those locations, bring in the one-shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine, give it to both non-essential and essential traffic if they cannot prove they have already had the vaccinations, and have the Canadian/US citizens handle their own two-week isolation after the shot either on the Canadian or US side of the border. At those locations, there would be a vaccination road and a road for those who have completed their isolation. This may be "pie in the sky," but if it could be pulled off, it would help lower the infection rate of US states and Canadian provinces along the border; it also would make the border a little more porous without carrying infection back and forth across the border.

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 04/02/21 02:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

were going to send all the vaccine to the boarder . seems to be the new gov way. others come first.

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/02/21 02:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SideHillSoup wrote:

Crowe wrote:

With Canada very slow on their vaccinations, the US may actually be the ones to keep the border closed.!

Couple of reasons why Canada’s vaccine roll out is slow are:
1- we don’t make any COVID vaccine in Canada.
2- although Canada has a number of huge orders of vaccine from around the world it doesn’t mean we are getting it. Meaning the deliveries of the vaccine have in the past been delayed for one reason or another, so we wait.
That’s not to say we aren’t getting vaccinated, because we are. At 63, l’m not scheduled in B.C. to “make” an appointment until the end of April beginning of May. The shot will come after the appointment is made when vaccine is available.
Let’s all hope this gets behind us, so we can all hug our grandkids, family and friends again soon
Stay safe everyone.
Soup.

I was wondering what the slowdown was from. I can't imagine how the border towns are going to survive if this goes on much longer. The gov of NH has taken some risks regarding town border issues. The towns in MA had higher rates of COVID than did the NH towns but he never closed the border like MA did. We haven't seen family in MA since Christmas of 2019. It stinks. It's pretty clear he factored in the long-term effects of economics.

Lwiddis

Owens River Road area, north of Mammoth

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/02/21 03:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It’s your country, sidehillsoup, and I’m not selling anything like pigman. NO demands from this American. Open when Canada is ready and when you do open, I’ll come.

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 04/02/21 04:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Crowe wrote:

I happen to live in the most infected per capita city in Canada. Our rates of infection are about 1/4 of those in Florida.

In Saskatchewan the vaccination rate is about 17% (lousy)

It is in everyone's interest to keep the border shut.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, soon to have SiO2 batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Alaska

> Waited on Canada long enough
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.