Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Waited on Canada long enough
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Alaska

> Waited on Canada long enough

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 04/02/21 09:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pianotuna wrote:

Crowe wrote:

With Canada very slow on their vaccinations, the US may actually be the ones to keep the border closed.!

I happen to live in the most infected per capita city in Canada. Our rates of infection are about 1/4 of those in Florida.

In Saskatchewan the vaccination rate is about 17% (lousy)

It is in everyone's interest to keep the border shut.

Absolutely.

steveh27

Grosse Pointe Woods, MI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/03/21 04:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In Michigan since Feb 20 the 7 day average of daily new cases has gone from 814 to over 5,000. Hospitalizations have doubled. Not good, yet some scream the stats are all lies and there is no need to wear a mask, etc. Sad.

garyhaupt

Penticton, BC..land of wine, sun, retirees....

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/21 09:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If folks from the lower 48 want to visit Alaska...go. Take a ferry or fly. You are not in any way, impeded.

Gary Haupt

I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/21 11:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SideHillSoup wrote:

Crowe wrote:

With Canada very slow on their vaccinations, the US may actually be the ones to keep the border closed.!

Couple of reasons why Canada’s vaccine roll out is slow are:
1- we don’t make any COVID vaccine in Canada.
2- although Canada has a number of huge orders of vaccine from around the world it doesn’t mean we are getting it. Meaning the deliveries of the vaccine have in the past been delayed for one reason or another, so we wait.
That’s not to say we aren’t getting vaccinated, because we are. At 63, l’m not scheduled in B.C. to “make” an appointment until the end of April beginning of May. The shot will come after the appointment is made when vaccine is available.
Let’s all hope this gets behind us, so we can all hug our grandkids, family and friends again soon
Stay safe everyone.
Soup.

You’re still quarantined yourself from even family? Really?

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/21 12:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit Dog,

I am following Soup's advice.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, soon to have SiO2 batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Boon Docker

Mountain Foothills of Southern Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/21 01:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pianotuna wrote:

Grit Dog,

I am following Soup's advice.

That is the smart thing to do for a while yet.

SideHillSoup

South Eastern British Columbia

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/21 10:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

SideHillSoup wrote:

Crowe wrote:

Couple of reasons why Canada’s vaccine roll out is slow are:
1- we don’t make any COVID vaccine in Canada.
2- although Canada has a number of huge orders of vaccine from around the world it doesn’t mean we are getting it. Meaning the deliveries of the vaccine have in the past been delayed for one reason or another, so we wait.
That’s not to say we aren’t getting vaccinated, because we are. At 63, l’m not scheduled in B.C. to “make” an appointment until the end of April beginning of May. The shot will come after the appointment is made when vaccine is available.
Let’s all hope this gets behind us, so we can all hug our grandkids, family and friends again soon
Stay safe everyone.
Soup.

You’re still quarantined yourself from even family? Really?

Yes.
We have a bubble with my elderly sister and my elderly mother inlaw. Those are the only people we are keeping close.
We have three daughters within 20 miles of here and have only seen them in our driveway at birthdays and Christmas when they and our 7 Grand kids came by to sing to us.
And those three daughters and their families came by at different times so they didn’t break their bubbles.
Our area of BC has next to nothing ( numbers are picking up now with variants) for COVID cases for the last 2 months. However since the variants and number of cases are rising we are hunkering down for phase 3 ... or what ever they want to call it.
Like I said at my age my wife and I are not scheduled to make an “appointment “ to get our shots until the end of April begining of May.
So we are do everything we can do, to keep us, our loved ones and community safe until we all have the option to get our shots.
And it’s called a bubble, not a “ quarantine” which means you lock yourself in a room and watch Netflix 24/7.
We still go get grub once every 2 weeks, we go snowmobiling / ATVing/ camping, work in our garden and go for walks in the bush, we still do just about everything we used to do except travel outside our medical region and hug our family ( besides my wife)
Stay safe
Soup .

* This post was edited 04/04/21 08:07am by SideHillSoup *

2018 Northern Lite 8-11 EX Dry Bath
2017 Sierra SLE, 3500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Trans
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs
Fast Gun Long Range SS Turnbuckles, Fast Gun locks

Monaramblee

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/21 05:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Its refreshing to hear someone with intelligence describe how they are acting responsible during this pandemic. Im tired of reading comments from the unintelligible anti maskers.

2008 Holiday rambler Vacationer XL
340 HP Cummins

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/21 07:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Monaramblee wrote:

Its refreshing to hear someone with intelligence describe how they are acting responsible during this pandemic. Im tired of reading comments from the unintelligible anti maskers.

Well said.

pigman1

Delaware

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/21 07:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

garyhaupt wrote:

If folks from the lower 48 want to visit Alaska...go. Take a ferry or fly. You are not in any way, impeded.

Gary Haupt
Not quite true.

RV on the ferries does not allow for freezers to be powered and when you have a 17cu ft chest, a 3 1/2 cu ft basement and 3 door conventional refer/freezer full of shrimp, halibut and salmon, there's no way to get it home. Ferry travel times (actually on the water, not waiting in port for loading, unloading, and waiting for connections is 97 hours. 4+days) I don't care how good your batteries are, that is NOT an option. This would be our 10th trip up and we are experienced with the ferries.

Pigman & Piglady
2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43' QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500
SMI Air Force One toad brake
Street Atlas USA Plus

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Alaska

> Waited on Canada long enough
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.