cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some things never change

jarata1
Explorer
Explorer
Off to the start of six months on the road.We left earlier this year to avoid summer camping.Didn’t take long actually the second weekend to remember why we didn’t like parts of camping.The weekend warriors with all their barking dogs,loud music,and yelling.
10 REPLIES 10

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
And then there's the people who have a fire and the wind blows smoke into my camp, the guy next door who stands out there smoking a cigarette or cigar, then people that have music on their outside speakers or leave their porch light on all night, and the people who walk thru my camp space, kids riding their bikes with loud training wheels, or all the other things that people gripe about. How can anyone enjoy camping? Jeez! Boondock or become a hermit!
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality – Ayn Rand

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
I understand what the op mean's. I was much more tolerant when I was younger, but now that I'm older it's much harder to tolerate all the noise. I think I'm starting to see the point of the higher end class A resorts. Not saying their completely noise free, but probably better than cheaper parks. Don't they have any 55 and over RV parks?
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
Seems like the OP has reached the end of the road for camping. When something is no longer fun why keep doing it? I gave up banging my head into the wall when the fun was gone. Might be time to make room for someone else in the campgrounds.
2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yup. I remember the same as a kid family camping in the early 1970s.

cougar28
Explorer
Explorer
Yep gave up the holiday weekend camping years ago. We camp 85% of the time around a lake to fish and that don't work out so well with all the skiers-jet ski's and big pleasure boats.
2002 F-250 SD CC 7.3PSD Auto. XLT Short Bed 4X4 Off-Rd.Pkg.Highland Green,Westin Sportsman Grille Guard (Black) RBW Li'l Rocker Slider ,Prodigy Control Towing Jayco Eagle HT 30.5 MLOK,Handy 5er tailgate

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
We are 75 and 80 and have driven our DP about 10,000mi in the past year and stayed in all kinds of camp grounds and have not experienced any of the drama you describe. Spent the last 3 weeks (spring break)on both coasts of FL and witnessed nothing to upset us. Guess its how tolerant of others you are

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
And why would you think "things are going to change" just because you camp 'early' in the season? ha, ha..

It's been this way for decades.. And getting worse and worse every year.

I'm still working full time, an old dude and can only get out for long weekend trips during the summer.. but I don't act like what you describe either! (I don't have a dog, or kids or play loud music or yell)

I have given up camping on "holiday" weekends, as that just seems to open the flood gates on 'campers' being total jerks.. ha, ha..

Just have to watch the news to figure out the general public does not have a clue on life, except, "it's all about me"..

Yes, I know that's a cliché thing to say, but it's more true now than ever!

Don't know where I'm going with this, except to say, the general public does not care anything about "you".. Just "themselves"..

Good luck! Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
In my experience, I can avoid annoying campers by carefully choosing my campgrounds. Avoiding large reservoir campgrounds that cater to water sports helps. Choosing small campgrounds that cater to fishermen or hikers helps.

If I do run into annoying campers, I just try to deal and not let it bother me. And remember that it's only a few days I have to put up with them.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
jarata1 wrote:
Off to the start of six months on the road.We left earlier this year to avoid summer camping.Didn’t take long actually the second weekend to remember why we didn’t like parts of camping.The weekend warriors with all their barking dogs,loud music,and yelling.

Then why not stop doing it if it aggravates you so much? It's a
shame some people work and can only camp on the weekends.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
What's a weekend warrior? I know there are people that go out for weekends! I also know of plenty of people,at love on the road with barking dogs, loud music and screaming kids!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!