cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Grand Isle SP, LA

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Heading to Grand Isle SP and plan to be there 5 or so days around May 1 of this year.
What are the bugs like there that time of year. Do I need to pack my full body netting. Are no-see-ums gonna carry me away? Maybe swamp mosquitoes feed then? I have no idea. Maybe I should just bring adequate amounts of adult beverages and not worry about it.
Your thoughts?
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
8 REPLIES 8

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
garmp wrote:
Thanks for the notice, memth. I hope things are straightened out in the next couple of weeks. Too late to change plans now. We'll just have to call once we near there. Appreciate the heads up.

I think that it was a โ€œpretty freakโ€ occurrence, but stuff can happen.....anywhere, at any time! Enjoy your time there.....itโ€™s a pretty neat place! This morning the Coast Guard was rescuing crewmen from a 200+ foot vessel that capsized offshore during the storm! memtb
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for the notice, memth. I hope things are straightened out in the next couple of weeks. Too late to change plans now. We'll just have to call once we near there. Appreciate the heads up.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
Wishing you much luck.....they had a terrible storm yesterday! memtb
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks JKJavelin. We just returned from Wisconsin/UP in October and were using that trip as a barometer for insects. Really appreciate you input. We'll see.

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
Being from Wisconsin, I was surprised at how few mosquitoes were in the south...until we got to Grand Isle state Park. That was in late March 2018.
Deet works well. Nice campground.
JK
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Guess we'll just give it a shot, as we have reservations. Will try to post back on the insect infestation and/or the hopefully, lack there of. Have our Autan insect repellent, which has worked very well in the UP last fall.
Wish us luck.

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
It will be the luck of the draw. Everything from they will carry you off to no bugs at all. Depends on rain showers and wind direction.

Bob806
Explorer III
Explorer III
Following this...

It's a place I've looked in to visiting, but we aren't fishermen. It just looks like a nice place to go and disconnect from everything.