Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: How to get a loan for RV
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> How to get a loan for RV

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev
Rick Jay

Greater Springfield area, MA

View Profile

Posted: 04/11/21 09:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

et cetera,

If you are still tuning into this thread, and I do know you're investigating other options based upon other threads, but, I did have one other thought.

With the income you said you are making, I'm assuming you should have some sizable amount in savings. I know you said you had a lot of "charity contributions", but I'm assuming you're taking care of your own financial needs as well and setting aside a comfortable portion.

So, if that's the case, have you considered getting a secured personal loan on say $20,000 worth of savings? My wife's niece needed a personal loan several years ago to help pay some legal fees as a result of her divorce. The loan rates were unbelievably high for a personal loan. I contacted my credit union, and we ended up transferring $10k to an account, and she borrowed against that for about 3% interest.

Just wondering if that would be an option for you to consider? Obviously, you need to have some money available that you don't need access to. But as you pay off the loan, you have access to the principal that you've paid off.

Good Luck,

~Rick

* This post was edited 04/12/21 10:11am by Rick Jay *

2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (24-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (19), 2 boys (20 & 17).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> How to get a loan for RV
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.