Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class C that's easy to fix?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Class C that's easy to fix?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev
ron.dittmer

North-East Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/21 06:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The problem with a class A is that shops don't want to work on them. If you get stranded out in the middle of nowhere USA, your towing fee could be extremely expensive and your down time tragic. The Ford E350/E450 and the Chevy 3500/4500 cut-away chassis are most apt to be taken care by shops because the chassis is very common and they can follow their shop software with no timely surprises.

I recall reading some years ago, one class A gasser required the removal of the entire face of the motorhome (windshield and all) to replace certain components. Think about that one.

* This post was edited 06/21/21 06:30pm by ron.dittmer *

2007 Phoenix Cruiser model 2350, with 2006 Jeep Liberty in-tow

Gjac

Milford, CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/21/21 08:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes I can tell you from personal experience Ron is right especially in the summer when everyone is traveling and away from major cities. I broke down in MT in July 3 years ago and had to wait until Nov to drive the MH home. But as far as maintenance for a DYI person I think a Class A is easier to work on. So the trade off is ease of maintenance vs finding a shop that wants to do chassis work on large MH's. I think with a short C you have a better chance at finding a shop with a lift to do chassis work.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Class C that's easy to fix?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.