Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Ixtapa Trailer Park
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Ixtapa Trailer Park

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
qtla9111

Monterrey, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 04/29/21 05:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Mexican president announced on Monday that Mexico is returning to normalcy [emoticon]

2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/21 09:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was heartened to hear this morning that Pfizer, Kalamazoo, Michigan will now be shipping their Covid vaccine directly to Canada by the millions of doses; this commences next week. We finally have our vaccine appointments firmed up, magically, for next Wednesday. The US Cavalry to our rescue [emoticon]

IF Canada can become "fully vaccinated" (this means 2 doses) for majority of our population (my guestimate would be in excess of 60% of adult population), only then will the north/south and south/north land borders open to/from Canada for normal 55 million crossers a year non discretionary travel. With only an estimated 1st dose to majority Canadians by roughly mid summer, full doses to the whole country up here is still roughly 1 year distant.

The only hope I have for limited international land travel, is perhaps the oldest Canadian cohort double-vaccinated by this summer (maybe 5 or 6% of Canadians) could petition for admittance to the US by personal vehicle. Fingers crossed....

Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

Tequila

Canada - Summer, Mexico - Winter

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/21 12:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was told my second shot is in August but could be sooner (moderna). If fully vaccinated I may do the ship across and fly routine if needed, but I suspect the border will open for vaccinated people by summer.

Talleyho69

Playa la Ropa, Zihuatanejo, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/21 01:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sure hope you are right.

Tequila

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/21 01:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Me too another winter in Canada would really suck

Wm.Elliot

Northeast

View Profile

Posted: 05/02/21 09:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"The Mexican president announced on Monday that Mexico is returning to normalcy" Let's hope he's right.

Tequila

View Profile

Posted: 05/02/21 09:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, he has been a disappointment to many and it is hard to know what to believe. When politicians say stuff like that, I just point to India which said the same thing a month back. We all want normal, but we can't let our guard down yet.

qtla9111

Monterrey, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 05/02/21 03:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wonder how many people on this forum are aware of the policy changes this president has made and that we are definitely headed for a populist or dictatorial government. Censorship has been in place now for over two years and he has made constitutional reforms that are affecting Mexico's economy and the environment.

He touts his social programs, but all of those programs existed long before him but under different names. He is a vengeful person who is seeking revenge from those politicians who wouldn't, out of fear for the country allow him to play. He is an exact copy of Hugo Chavez and is following the seven steps of dictatorship as outlined by Marx. Four have already been completed.

That said, it probably doesn't matter much to those who come here to have fun but it will affect all of us in the long run. Almost 4 million Venezuelans have flooded nearby Colombia and Ecuador and have made their way to Mexico because of the dictatorship there that has destroyed the country. Imagine the rush that now exists on the U.S. border becoming worse because of severely uneducated political decisions by this Mexican administration. You may not be aware of the fact that Baja California governor Bonilla, has begun an expropriation of the famous Club Campestre Golf Club. Bonilla is a supporter and ally of AMLO.

Again, tune into local and state news to see the effects of this government and the "no confrontation" policies that have now turned the state of Guanajuato into the most dangerous in the world with Celaya the most dangerous city in the world. Cartels are now using drones to fight against adversaries including the new Guardia Nacional and using high caliber weapons to shoot down helicopters.

I would avoid crossing at Laredo under all circumstances. The police have ceded to the cartels there and you will find but four federale patrols on the way south.

Oil and PEMEX have become the presidential goal. A nationalized company that should have filed bankruptcy years ago and is in debt to the tune of 24 billion USD. His new $8 billion USD refinery, Dos Bocas, has destroyed the local economy and the environment around the refinery. The fishing industry there is dying. The world is now turning to EVs and Mexico will stay behind I believe to support Cuba, Venezuela, Bolivia and Peru.

A major vote will take place on June 6th for state and local governments in 26 states.

Wm.Elliot

Northeast

View Profile

Posted: 05/03/21 06:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Politics aside.... when a President wishes a return to normalcy from the interminable siege we've experienced - that's a good thing in my opinion.

Tequila

View Profile

Posted: 05/03/21 07:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I dom't know about anyone else but I feel I've been in bad zombie apocalypse movie

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Ixtapa Trailer Park
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.