cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Zihuatanejo, Guerrero Covid Vaccinations

Talleyho69
Starting on Friday, April 9, and ending Sunday April 11, all 10,000 residents of Zihuatanejo over age 60 will be offered their Pfiser covid vaccinations.

The government states that the second vaccination will be administered during the officially recognized time frame of 3 to 6 weeks.

The Zihuatanejo vaccination site is at the sports center, which is hugely roofed, and will have wheelchairs, chairs and water available to all.

I'm scheduled for Saturday, my sweetie, Sunday, all based on last names.

We'll keep you posted.
8 REPLIES 8

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
That is really great news.

Mexico seems to be following the booster time interval very rigidly.

In canada, 2nd shots are a veeeeery long wait (3 to 4 months). In Quebec, we are not giving the 2nd shot to anyone tested positive and recovered. Just one dose for those folks. This may shorten the time we can deliver booster doses to all who had not been previously infected.

Fingers crossed for a shorter booster interval up here !
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

Talleyho69
Just back from getting my second Pfizer vaccine.

They have just started registering the 50 to 59 year olds nationally so they can start vaccinating them.

There is hope!!

Talleyho69
Tomorrow, April 29 here in Zihuatanejo, the second dose of Pfizer vaccine will be administered over a three day period. First round used 15,005 doses.

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
I got moderna in Canada, my wife got pfizer. They are going for a 4 month gap to get the maximum doses to the most people. In Bucerias where my brother in law lives they are only giving the chinese vaccine.

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
Super, I got the Moderna. Yup, plan on going to Baja next winter. But will depend on when I have to get a booster (lol) when we leave and return.

rocmoc n AZ
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA

Talleyho69
Got my Pfiser shot today, the first one. In Zihuatanejo the wait was about 9 hours yesterday, so we went to Cuacoyul and were in and out in 4 hours. Now to get the second one!!!

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
rocmoc wrote:
Good news. Update how your jab goes.

rocmoc n AZ & wanting/waiting to return to MEXICO

Why wait?? Come on down, lots of new asphalt on the roads.

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
Good news. Update how your jab goes.

rocmoc n AZ & wanting/waiting to return to MEXICO
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA