Not a good thing, at all....

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
29 REPLIES 29

shum02
Explorer
Explorer
Don't worry about us we are not that bad. Fact is compared to the rest of the world we are right behind you.

We appreciate your concern but as I look out the window we are not on fire. Thing could always be better but here in Ontario we are having a political problem not a vaccine problem. We'll sort it out later.

Thanks for your concern.

Canada
2006 F350 Lariat FX4 CC 4x4 PSD
2007 KZ2505QSS-F Outdoorsman

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
ivbinconned wrote:
And I donโ€™t appreciate the insult.
You missed the point of my comment completely.

Please elaborate more on this hidden agenda, curious minds would like to know.

ivbinconned
Explorer II
Explorer II
And I donโ€™t appreciate the insult.
You missed the point of my comment completely.
Ram and 34 ft Cedar Creek

ivbinconned
Explorer II
Explorer II
There has been opposition to โ€œnewโ€ camping spaces long before covid. I suspect you โ€œtoedโ€ donโ€™t read the newsletter I mentioned

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
ivbinconned wrote:
I get Chucks โ€œRV Travelโ€ news letters and have for several years and I suspect many of you do too. I have been sensing for some time that in the U.S. and Canada we RVerโ€™s are not liked much by those that donโ€™t RV with anything bigger than a tent trailer or camperized van! Or not at all. The reports indicating this are in every issue.
Many jurisdictions block the development or RV parks, city owned or private. They see us a big fossil fuel consumers and see driving fuel costs up as a way to get us off the road.
The days of โ€œlive and let liveโ€ are in the past.
The RV life style is under attack at every turn. Itโ€™s not only the US /Canada border they donโ€™t want us crossing now the BC premier has said they donโ€™t want us on the road at all this summer in his province!
There is a hidden agenda

As someone who has a small folding trailer, I can tell you that I really don't give a rat's patootie how you RV. It's your choice - enjoy it.

This idea that big rig RVers hate the ittle guys and the little guys hate the big rig RVers is nothing more than paranoia and a self delusion that you are more important than you really are.

As for the current state of things, that has everything to do with COVID and nothing to do with a dislike of RVers.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

ivbinconned
Explorer II
Explorer II
I get Chucks โ€œRV Travelโ€ news letters and have for several years and I suspect many of you do too. I have been sensing for some time that in the U.S. and Canada we RVerโ€™s are not liked much by those that donโ€™t RV with anything bigger than a tent trailer or camperized van! Or not at all. The reports indicating this are in every issue.
Many jurisdictions block the development or RV parks, city owned or private. They see us a big fossil fuel consumers and see driving fuel costs up as a way to get us off the road.
The days of โ€œlive and let liveโ€ are in the past.
The RV life style is under attack at every turn. Itโ€™s not only the US /Canada border they donโ€™t want us crossing now the BC premier has said they donโ€™t want us on the road at all this summer in his province!
There is a hidden agenda

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
riah wrote:
Hi, I never said I was moving there - I noted looking for a summer property to consider purchasing, similar to how Canadians do in winter in the southern states in the US! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Prices are crazy here in the US right now too! Thereโ€™s lots of places to visit here still I guess until the market cools down! Thanks for your reply!

garyhaupt wrote:
riah wrote:
I donโ€™t think itโ€™s that much of an issue since the land border has been closed for over a year!!! Sadly, thatโ€™s just my luck! Had to wait through the entire Trump presidency before we could retire and then to top it off, a global pandemic hit, everyone got into RVs and camping, and now I canโ€™t get into Canada to find a summer property to consider purchasing - and if/when I do, prices will most likely be significantly higher than they were pre-pandemic!!! - If I didnโ€™t have bad luck, Iโ€™d have no luck - smh ??????

I stand corrected.

Gary

Before you head this way...and yes, prices are higher, I hope you do some research on the viability of buying land in Canada with the intention of moving here. It s not as straight forward as one might think.

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

riah
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, I never said I was moving there - I noted looking for a summer property to consider purchasing, similar to how Canadians do in winter in the southern states in the US! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Prices are crazy here in the US right now too! Thereโ€™s lots of places to visit here still I guess until the market cools down! Thanks for your reply!

garyhaupt wrote:
riah wrote:
I donโ€™t think itโ€™s that much of an issue since the land border has been closed for over a year!!! Sadly, thatโ€™s just my luck! Had to wait through the entire Trump presidency before we could retire and then to top it off, a global pandemic hit, everyone got into RVs and camping, and now I canโ€™t get into Canada to find a summer property to consider purchasing - and if/when I do, prices will most likely be significantly higher than they were pre-pandemic!!! - If I didnโ€™t have bad luck, Iโ€™d have no luck - smh ??????

Before you head this way...and yes, prices are higher, I hope you do some research on the viability of buying land in Canada with the intention of moving here. It s not as straight forward as one might think.

Gary Haupt

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
riah wrote:

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

thomas201
Explorer
Explorer
Don't count me as a Trumpist (wife's uncle lost money in a Trump bankruptcy) but, funding R&D for AstraZeneca, with option to buy doses and fronting a pre-production buy order for Pfizer are the reasons the US got first dibs on the vaccines. See Link. I think Moderna and J&J also got some kinda deal. It is not because they manufacture in the US. We got the vaccines the old fashioned way, we fronted the money and got rights of first refusal. It would be in the best interests of the US of A to move some of the soon to be excess doses to our friends.

This is an example of a very good decision of the Trump presidency. Now, if you got a month, we can talk about the bad ones.

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well it was an interesting discussion.
This thread will be shut down very soon now I think.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Too bad the U.S. doesn't do that with Mexico. The border heading south is wide open.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

wapiticountry
Explorer
Explorer
riah wrote:
Did you work for the Trump Administration? If not, why would you have to wait thru any presidential term before you could retire? Could it possibly be that because of your age or length of employment you didn't qualify for retirement benefits until a certain date and that had nothing at all to do with whomever was president? I turn 65 during the current administration, do I have to thank President Biden for allowing me to qualify for Medicare?

riah
Explorer
Explorer