Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bay View RV Resort in Texas has Workamper Openings:

bayviewrvresort
Explorer
Explorer
Bay View RV Resort in Rockport, Texas has immediate Workamper Openings:

Front Desk/Reservations:

This workamper position provides hospitality management, guest services, and completes other duties as assigned. Prior hospitality experience, knowledge of Microsoft Office, Campground Master, QuickBooks and other computer competency is a plus.

Maintenance:

This Workamper will join our facilities maintenance crew. The ideal candidate will possess a working knowledge of many routine maintenance issues. Prior tradecraft & carpentry experience a plus.

In exchange for 20 hours work per week our Workampers receive an allowance toward a full-hookup RV site, electricity use and cable. Bay View is a full service RV destination with full hook up sites and amenities in a park-like setting. Please send your resume to bvrvmgmt@gmail.com or call us at 361-400-6000.
12 REPLIES 12

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
wapiticountry wrote:
Lantley wrote:
ScottG wrote:
Sounds like some are insecure with the choices they've made or they wouldn't be so ars-hurt over a pragmatic observation. Or maybe deep down inside, you feel a little duped after working for $5/hr.
There was nothing offensive about my original post so try not to be such a snow flake.

Oh and for the record, I have tremendous respect for a person that supports himself or a family working at Walmart.

I have no dog in this fight. But its offensive for the simple fact, you assume a person doing the job doesn't understand how much they are being paid? Are you attempting to enlighten them as to their salary as though they can't figure it out for themselves.
Your passive aggressive tactics are offensive.
People applying are responsible adults. They are capable of understanding what their time is worth.
If you are not interested don't apply but don't attempt to shame those who maybe interested.
I was going to reply as well, but you did a much better job than I would have. 100% agree and thank you.

Talk about arrogant, you guys think you have the right to tell me what I can post?
For your information, my post was addressed to the OP. It was to let them know how lousy of a deal it was.
Apparently you're easily offended. Perhaps you should lighten up a little and consider that not everything is about you personally.

wapiticountry
Explorer
Explorer
Lantley wrote:
ScottG wrote:
Sounds like some are insecure with the choices they've made or they wouldn't be so ars-hurt over a pragmatic observation. Or maybe deep down inside, you feel a little duped after working for $5/hr.
There was nothing offensive about my original post so try not to be such a snow flake.

Oh and for the record, I have tremendous respect for a person that supports himself or a family working at Walmart.

I have no dog in this fight. But its offensive for the simple fact, you assume a person doing the job doesn't understand how much they are being paid? Are you attempting to enlighten them as to their salary as though they can't figure it out for themselves.
People applying are responsible adults. They are capable of understanding what their time is worth.
If you are not interested don't apply but don't attempt to shame those who maybe interested.
I was going to reply as well, but you did a much better job than I would have. 100% agree and thank you.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
ScottG wrote:

19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad

nancyjerry
Explorer
Explorer
It's not about the $$$$
Jeepers, stop trying trying to sound so smart, it's not working.
Go and enjoy!

2g_s
Explorer
Explorer
Not everyone works for the wages. There are many other reasons.

wiskeyVI
Explorer
Explorer
X2!

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
Exactly and well said!

wapiticountry wrote:
And the previous posts are exactly why no park advertises for workampers on this site anymore. If you don't want the job, don't apply. But for many workampers there is more to consider than just exactly how you break down the hourly wage. Would you actually come out ahead working at Walmart for those 20 hours at $15.00 an hour? You would then have to pay for an RV site, utilities, the cost of commuting etc. The work for site arrangement isn't taxed. You would not have the advantage of working where you live which allows you to check on your pets, eat lunch at your own home and be at work in 10 seconds. If you are a couple and one of you worked outside of the park, the other person would either have to drive you to and from work or spend the day without transportation. There is much more to consider other than math.
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

wapiticountry
Explorer
Explorer
And the previous posts are exactly why no park advertises for workampers on this site anymore. If you don't want the job, don't apply. But for many workampers there is more to consider than just exactly how you break down the hourly wage. Would you actually come out ahead working at Walmart for those 20 hours at $15.00 an hour? You would then have to pay for an RV site, utilities, the cost of commuting etc. The work for site arrangement isn't taxed. You would not have the advantage of working where you live which allows you to check on your pets, eat lunch at your own home and be at work in 10 seconds. If you are a couple and one of you worked outside of the park, the other person would either have to drive you to and from work or spend the day without transportation. There is much more to consider other than math.

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
ScottG wrote:
Assuming your "allowance" will provide entirely for this workampers space and utilities, and also given your weekly rate of $180/week, this person will be working for about $10/hr.

Recalculate using the monthly rate and it's about $5/hr.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Assuming your "allowance" will provide entirely for this workampers space and utilities, and also given your weekly rate of $180/week, this person will be working for about $10/hr.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Mighty pretty area IMO.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad