cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dish Network Wally Receiver

Kountryguy
Explorer
Explorer
I just acquired a Wally receiver and a Tailgater dish. The issue I an inquiring about is the fact that the Wally resets every 24 hours. After the reset, it takes about 5 minutes to reload the guide and then another 5 minutes to finish reloading the extended guide. Is there any way around this frustrating process?
10 REPLIES 10

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Geeze wrote:
Kountryguy wrote:
I just acquired a Wally receiver and a Tailgater dish. The issue I an inquiring about is the fact that the Wally resets every 24 hours. After the reset, it takes about 5 minutes to reload the guide and then another 5 minutes to finish reloading the extended guide. Is there any way around this frustrating process?

The Wally is a p.i.t.a compared to the 211z. Setup time every time the lights flicker is just rediculous. It should be programmed and have a internal battery or capicator to recall and try the last antenna position before it goes through the entire setup process again. We have a factory mounted tailgater on our roof and when the receiver goes into sleep motor the tailgater just runs and runs looking for a signal. I hope Dish replaces the Wally with something better soon.

For power interruptions buy one of these..

A "UPS" which is a self contained inverter/battery/ATS designed to switch to inverter when power is dropped.

Can't help with the nightly reboots, that is a fact of life for pretty much every electronic device..

Your unit should be doing the update reboot routine at 2:00AM-3:00AM, if it is doing it through the day, then it simply needs changed to night time hrs.

Wait until your car someday soon stops in mid rush hour to do a "system update" reboot :E

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
Kountryguy wrote:
I take it that the 211Z does not do this nonsense. Does the 211Z work with a tailgater?

The 211Z does the exact same update routine as the Wally. ALL DISH receivers do an update routine once every 24 hours. It cannot be overridden only the time it does it can be changed.

Geeze
Explorer
Explorer
Kountryguy wrote:

The Wally is a p.i.t.a compared to the 211z. Setup time every time the lights flicker is just rediculous. It should be programmed and have a internal battery or capicator to recall and try the last antenna position before it goes through the entire setup process again. We have a factory mounted tailgater on our roof and when the receiver goes into sleep motor the tailgater just runs and runs looking for a signal. I hope Dish replaces the Wally with something better soon.

Kountryguy
Explorer
Explorer
I take it that the 211Z does not do this nonsense. Does the 211Z work with a tailgater?

Geeze
Explorer
Explorer
Kountryguy wrote:

Geeze
Explorer
Explorer
Kountryguy wrote:

Kountryguy wrote:

If you 800-333-3474 and tell them you want to change that, they will walk you threw it... I did it on all 3 of mine, but do not remember where I went into ...

Like stated above, mine are set to update at 2AM or 3AM ....
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Explorer II
Explorer II
All mine are set to do that every morning at 3am
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

RamCougar
Explorer
Explorer
There isn't a way to turn it off. You can reset the time it reboots in the Wally settings. Reset the time for when you are asleep or in the middle of the day when you will likely not be watching. As long as the Wally is powered and able to see the Sat's it will reboot and be completed the next time you turn on the TV. I don't know how loud a Tailgater is but with my Playmaker it is so loud when it reboots I set it for daytime to keep from disturbing the neighbors sleep. Hope this helps.
2003 Ram CTD QC LB 4x2 MT, LuK 13", 4:10LS, GDP Fuel Boss, SmartyJr#2, Bilsteins, Lil'Rocker, Prodigy, Tireminder, Garmin, SoundflySD.
2012 COUGAR 280BHSWE, GY Endurance, PI EMS, Wave3, Glow Steps, EU2000i on propane, EasyStart 364, Wally-Playmaker

ORbiker
Explorer
Explorer
When we were using the Tailgater and Wally I don't remember ours doing that.

Dish is usually very helpful on the phone. That's part of what we pay for. KEN
Backpacker and tent camper all my life. Motorcycle trips with a tent too 1978 to Present. 2016 Grand Design 380TH as of 10-29-2015. Now a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude as of 3-16-19. 10-19-18-traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Long Box.