Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Technology Corner: Dish Network Wally Receiver
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Dish Network Wally Receiver

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Kountryguy

Emery,SD

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/21 08:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just acquired a Wally receiver and a Tailgater dish. The issue I an inquiring about is the fact that the Wally resets every 24 hours. After the reset, it takes about 5 minutes to reload the guide and then another 5 minutes to finish reloading the extended guide. Is there any way around this frustrating process?

ORbiker

Springfield, Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/08/21 10:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When we were using the Tailgater and Wally I don't remember ours doing that.

Dish is usually very helpful on the phone. That's part of what we pay for. KEN

Backpacker and tent camper all my life. Motorcycle trips with a tent too 1978 to Present. 2016 Grand Design 380TH as of 10-29-2015. Now a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude as of 3-16-19. 10-19-18-traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Long Box.

RamCougar

PNW & Desert SW

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/08/21 11:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There isn't a way to turn it off. You can reset the time it reboots in the Wally settings. Reset the time for when you are asleep or in the middle of the day when you will likely not be watching. As long as the Wally is powered and able to see the Sat's it will reboot and be completed the next time you turn on the TV. I don't know how loud a Tailgater is but with my Playmaker it is so loud when it reboots I set it for daytime to keep from disturbing the neighbors sleep. Hope this helps.

2003 Ram CTD QC LB 4x2 MT, Valair 13", 4:10LS, GDP Fuel Boss, SmartyJr#2, Bilsteins, Lil'Rocker, Prodigy, Tireminder, Garmin, Soundfly SD.
2012 COUGAR 280BHSWE, GY Endurance, PI EMS, Wave3, GlowSteps, EU2000i LP, EasyStart 364, Wally-Playmaker
Our Pic's

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/21 05:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All mine are set to do that every morning at 3am

2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens, PullRite SuperGlide 2700 15K
2013 KZ Durango 2857

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/09/21 05:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kountryguy wrote:

I just acquired a Wally receiver and a Tailgater dish. The issue I an inquiring about is the fact that the Wally resets every 24 hours. After the reset, it takes about 5 minutes to reload the guide and then another 5 minutes to finish reloading the extended guide. Is there any way around this frustrating process?

If you 800-333-3474 and tell them you want to change that, they will walk you threw it... I did it on all 3 of mine, but do not remember where I went into ...

Like stated above, mine are set to update at 2AM or 3AM ....

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Geeze

Iowa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/13/21 04:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kountryguy wrote:

The Wally is a p.i.t.a compared to the 211z. Setup time every time the lights flicker is just rediculous. It should be programmed and have a internal battery or capicator to recall and try the last antenna position before it goes through the entire setup process again. We have a factory mounted tailgater on our roof and when the receiver goes into sleep motor the tailgater just runs and runs looking for a signal. I hope Dish replaces the Wally with something better soon.

Geeze

Iowa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/13/21 04:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kountryguy wrote:

The Wally is a p.i.t.a compared to the 211z. Setup time every time the lights flicker is just rediculous. It should be programmed and have a internal battery or capicator to recall and try the last antenna position before it goes through the entire setup process again. We have a factory mounted tailgater on our roof and when the receiver goes into sleep motor the tailgater just runs and runs looking for a signal. I hope Dish replaces the Wally with something better soon.

Kountryguy

Emery,SD

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/21 04:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I take it that the 211Z does not do this nonsense. Does the 211Z work with a tailgater?

Geeze

Iowa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/13/21 05:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kountryguy wrote:

lryrob9301

Mid-Atlantic

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/13/21 08:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kountryguy wrote:

I take it that the 211Z does not do this nonsense. Does the 211Z work with a tailgater?

The 211Z does the exact same update routine as the Wally. ALL DISH receivers do an update routine once every 24 hours. It cannot be overridden only the time it does it can be changed.

2013 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2016 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ AWD V6

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Dish Network Wally Receiver
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.