Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Technology Corner: Dish Network Wally Receiver
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Dish Network Wally Receiver

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/21 07:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Geeze wrote:

Kountryguy wrote:

I just acquired a Wally receiver and a Tailgater dish. The issue I an inquiring about is the fact that the Wally resets every 24 hours. After the reset, it takes about 5 minutes to reload the guide and then another 5 minutes to finish reloading the extended guide. Is there any way around this frustrating process?

The Wally is a p.i.t.a compared to the 211z. Setup time every time the lights flicker is just rediculous. It should be programmed and have a internal battery or capicator to recall and try the last antenna position before it goes through the entire setup process again. We have a factory mounted tailgater on our roof and when the receiver goes into sleep motor the tailgater just runs and runs looking for a signal. I hope Dish replaces the Wally with something better soon.

For power interruptions buy one of these..

[image]

A "UPS" which is a self contained inverter/battery/ATS designed to switch to inverter when power is dropped.

Can't help with the nightly reboots, that is a fact of life for pretty much every electronic device..

Your unit should be doing the update reboot routine at 2:00AM-3:00AM, if it is doing it through the day, then it simply needs changed to night time hrs.

Wait until your car someday soon stops in mid rush hour to do a "system update" reboot [emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Dish Network Wally Receiver
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.