cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2nd bottle won't discharge any LP after switching

billy1davis
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 5th wheel with one lp bottle on each side. I have replaced the regulator and the the switch. I have no leaks. The bottle on the curb side works just fine. I have tried switching the different items and all works fine as long as one is using the curb side parts
5 REPLIES 5

SAR_Tracker
Explorer
Explorer
Can you change the tanks from side to side? That'd narrow the problem down to the tank, at least.
Rusty & Cheryl
2011 F250 2WD 6.2L Gasser
2008 Weekend Warrior FB2100
"Common sense is in spite of, not the result of, education" - Victor Hugo (1802-1885)

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
I had a 30 lb cylinder recently that had the same problem. Wasnโ€™t the auto-switch regulator, wasnโ€™t the pigtail causing the problem. I ended up having to have the tank valve replaced. The LP dealer tech confirmed the problem with his equipment. I donโ€™t know what can go wrong with the OPD valve to make it fail that way, but it did.

Fortunately, the valves arenโ€™t expensive, and it counts as a tank recertification as long as they mark the tank accordingly.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
Ditto on turning the gas off. Turn a burner on and let it burn down so pressure is off.

Turn stove off. Turn valve on tank very slowly. Sounds like the leak protection valve kicked in. Can be a real pain at times.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Turn the valve off for a bit and then open very slowly. Not difficult to open fast and trigger the excess flow shut off.

Check to be sure the fitting is adequately tightened onto the bottle.

I had one once that wasn't tight enough to actuate the gas flow. I checked to be sure it was clean and free of any dirt, then snugged it up good and it worked fine.

They are designed to cut the flow if it does not have a good firm fit.
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com