Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: Thermostat has no 12v DC
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Thermostat has no 12v DC

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Jbaker77

Jon Baker

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/21 04:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have replaced the entire A/C system: roof unit, control box and thermostat on a '01 Mallard 27H after a capacitor melted on the roof unit.Now Now I have no 12v power at the thermostat. Where does this power come from???

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/21 08:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It depends on how the OEM wired it.
1. The OEM wired the 12 volt to the wall tstat from either the furnace or Main 12 volt fuse panel and designated one of the wires to the roof with 12 volts
2. The OEM used the Furnace 12 volt supply to the Tstat OR upper control board depending on if a Coleman(RVP) or Dometic roof AC
3. The OEM ran a dedicated 12 volt wire from the main 12 volt fuse panel to the Upper control board of the AC unit
In your case, I would check the furnace wiring and furnace 12 volt fuse at the Main 12 volt fuse panel. Did you replace your system with the same BRAND AC system?
Last, you just joined. ALWAYS post Brand and model of Appliance and Brand Model and Year of RV. ALL RV's have different specs and wiring and appliances. Doug

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Thermostat has no 12v DC
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.