Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: How Bad Is "Bad Enough" COVID-19
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> How Bad Is "Bad Enough" COVID-19

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/21 07:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

First of all, this occurred in Mexico not the USA But it does raise some questions about when to say "when"

Vanessa is a 41-year-old Mexican friend. She has no underlying heath issues. I have been following her COVID-19 Odyssey at a distance (Social network).

Day 8, her blood O2 level was shown to be eighty-two 82, on two different blood oximeters and confirmed at the hospital (clinic).

It's probably obvious that a trip to the hospital becomes an emergency when a person has trouble breathing, but she reported that they gave her an injection and sent her home. No ID on the medication.

Is evaluation of distress the preferred way of determining an emergency?

Other symptoms: 104F fever untreated, 101F with both aspirin and Tylenol. Reported painful muscle aches, weakness. No appetite and disturbed sleep. Constant coughing.

She was told today that they determined she has a mutated form of the virus. They did not reveal which mutation.

I need to find a vaccination site with wheelchairs. I cannot walk and my transportation is a tiny KIA. So far everywhere I've checked replied "we don't have wheelchairs". South San Diego County.

I can only hope living alone that I do not have to discover when to say when on my own.

olfarmer

Iowa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/13/21 08:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry to hear about your friend, I hope she recovers OK from the virus! I also hope you can stay well and safe until you can find a place to get the vaccinations! Best wishes to you and stay safe.

Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/21 08:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would look for a drive-up vaccination center; or call one of the big pharmacies like CVS, and explain your situation. I would hope that if you made an appointment, someone would come out to you in the car? Or lastly, assuming some large grocery chain in your area also has a pharmacy - use one of their motorized chairs? Or - check and see if there's an outreach in your area? I've seen vans that are going to homes to vaccinate those who simply can't get out on their own.

MEXICOWANDERER

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/21 10:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Ombudsman for San Diego county gave me some more telephone numbers. After which I am out of bullets. THANK YOU for your kind wishes!

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/21 02:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was afraid this would be a different sub-topic. Thanks

She should be in hospital. closly monitored at 82% Normal O2 levels in the blood she is in bad and I mean Bad shape 90 percent is not good 98-99 just fine but below 90 not good at all. Not sure the precise cut off

And I gather you already know 104 is not good either.

May she recover and recover fully.

Home is where I park it.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

p220sigman

Tallahassee, FL, USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/21 05:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree in looking for a drive-up site if you can. They are running one here that has been great from what I have heard. It requires an appointment. They are having it in a large parking lot. As you enter the lot, they direct you to one of several lanes. Someone does your paperwork and then directs you forward to another station where you get the shot. You then can park to the side for the waiting period to see if you are going to have a reaction. If you have a reaction, you blow your horn and they come to your car.

We were able to go to our doctor's office, but I know several people who have used the drive-up site and been pleasantly surprised at how easy it went.

MEXICOWANDERER

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/21 04:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks like I may have to settle for the AstraZeneca vaccine. 23 wasted telephone calls. Best answer I got was next Wednesday if they did not run out of Moderna vaccine before they got to me. A 208-mile trip.

philh

Belleville MI

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/21 04:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I boggles the mind why the medical "industry" won't apply therapeutics early on in the disease. Friend went to ER, O2 levels were only down a little bit, they were told to come back if it gets worse. Ivermectin and to a lesser extent, HCQ, given early enough, is having phenomenal success overseas. I feel strongly enough about it, I have Ivermectin at the house, just in case we start showing symptoms.

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/14/21 04:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Personal experiences related to COVID, yourself and friends, go here.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> How Bad Is "Bad Enough" COVID-19
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.