cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

image on phone

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
In the upper right of my phone's display there are several icons for stuff like signal strength, wifi connection..etc, and then there's this:

Google images calls it "vertical." Other than that, I have no clue what this is.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman
12 REPLIES 12

And I thought it was the finger answer all along. :B

MrWizard
It will warn you about possible threats to your phone,
Like leaving usb developers options on, or links in text messages might be harmful to click on, it's not an anti-virus app, but more like a watch dog warning, doesn't hurt anything and doesn't use much power resource or memory, I leave it on, but on my Samsung it doesn't show that icon in the status bar
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
2oldman,

I would keep the security running. Its not perfect--but it is better than running naked.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
"I went into accessibility and turned off "Digital Secure" and the icon went away."

Hey, that worked! Thanks rlw... although I may not want to turn it off! I don't know what kind of security we're talking about. Guess I better look that up too.

rlw999
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
E6910. I found email for Kyocera phone help..we'll see what happens

I know Kyocera already answered you, but here's a link to the same question from someone else (and they got the same answer, Verizon Security Software), this one includes a screenshot of the icon. The person who answered that question also had to ask Kyocera support, seems like they should document it better!

The answers at that link gives some tips for turning it off if you wanted to.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
"That icon is for a Verizon Security app running in the background of the phone"

From Kyocera email help. Thanks all

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
E6910. I found email for Kyocera phone help..we'll see what happens

Baelling
Explorer
Explorer
What model of phone?
Barbara

Casual RVer with a 1993 Four Winds Majestic 29q (aka "Thelma"),hubby Jim, pups Lola and Sweet Pea.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
joshuajim wrote:
I think your phone company is giving you the middle finger as seen from the side :B
Or telling me I should go to Idaho.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
ryoung wrote:

Good luck.

ryoung
thanks.. that should do it. Haven't found it yet. I may have to send a screen shot. If I swipe down it shows all the icons except that one.

joshuajim
Explorer
Explorer
I think your phone company is giving you the middle finger as seen from the side :B
RVing since 1995.

ryoung
Explorer
Explorer
Try this LINK

Good luck.

ryoung
2018 Ram 3500 SRW Diesel
2019 Wolf Creek 840