Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Dangerous Pranks
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Dangerous Pranks

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev
Mike134

Elgin, IL

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/21 06:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So I walked up to the trailer and left the drunk handle across the door, no problem to pull the door open and have the handle swing out of the way. Don't even need a helper to test.

I'd say this myth is BUSTED!!

2019 F150 4X4 1903 payload
2018 Adventurer 21RBS 7700 GVWR.

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/21 11:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CavemanCharlie wrote:

If someone tried to fold up my manual fold steps on my TT it would bounce the camper so much and make so much noise I would wake up. Seriously, those things make a awful screechy/klunky racket when you move them. It would probably wake up the neighbors.

Mine, too - I absolutely WOULD wake up and so would the dogs, who would LOVE to chase off any interlopers when I opened the door to yell at them ;-)

On another note: we ALWAYS check connections after a stop, after reading of people pulling pins on tow bars or trailers, etc.

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/21/21 09:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Had both happen on our fifth wheel..plus pull the black and or gray water drains!
Caps on and you may not notice the handle pulled.Lots of fun, not.
If I could have caught the whipper snapper I would have taken them to ladies salon and had them given a full body wax!

GMH

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 05/05/21 02:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CavemanCharlie wrote:

On my first travel trailer the door lock didn't work so I just added a hasp door hatch clasp and used a pad lock. Went to a party at a buddies house and I didn't want to drive home after drinking so I took the TT. I though nothing of just leaving the pad lock hanging on the door. The next morning I woke up to find some friends had locked me in the TT !!! [emoticon]

The door had a window in it and the screws for it were on the inside. Using my Swiss Army Knife I was able to remove the screws and take out the window. After that I reached out and unlocked the door.

I never left the pad lock hanging on the door again. [emoticon]

You should have snuck away and left it parked there for a few days to teach them a lesson.[emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Dangerous Pranks
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.