cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water tanks

Cumminalong
Explorer
Explorer
Wanting to extend the water drain outlet so it reaches the edgeof the tank, like to put a tap on it.what can I use? John
10 REPLIES 10

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
RickLight wrote:
Some caution is advised.

I've been told the drain plug melts as a last ditch safety feature.

You have been told wrong.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
RickLight wrote:
Some caution is advised.

Only if the water goes above 275 degrees. :B

RickLight
Explorer III
Explorer III
Some caution is advised.

Rick,

2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 273MK
2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
PullRite Superglide

Cumminalong
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone found a way

BILDER
Explorer
Explorer
Extend using pex 90with a shark bite style valve with a hose end, to just behind the bumper, now can fill and drain with out getting under the trailer

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
use a quarter turn valve and some of the idea,s above, plastic pipe easy to work with.

lwbfl
Explorer
Explorer
Depends on what you have, mine is a 2" pipe with a gate valve coming directly out of the bottom of the fresh water tank.
1976 Myself and Wife
2009 DD
3 Doggies
2016 Chevy Z71
2021 Coachmen Apex 253RLS

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
You can unscrew the fitting that goes into the tank and use PVC fittings and pipe to extend and place a valve on the end.
That is what I did with my tank, extended it to the edge of the trailer frame.

JimJohnson
Explorer
Explorer
Cumminalong wrote:
Wanting to extend the water drain outlet so it reaches the edgeof the tank, like to put a tap on it.what can I use? John

Assuming it won't spend a lot of time in the direct sun, you can purchase some inexpensive flexible plastic line (not PEX) and a 1/4 turn sink/toilet shut off valve. clamp the line to your current valve and leave it open, controlling the drain from your newly and more conveniently mounted shut off.

This type of valve was installed by the manufacture on our 13 year-old mini travel trailer we use for overnight hops. They still work fine on the fresh water tank and off the PEX low-point drains.

SHRED
Explorer
Explorer
A short pipe with a threaded plug? Is your goal to drain it without water pouring all over the place and instead to the ground?
2021 27' Lazy Daze mid bath