Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: What do you use for an outdoor ground cover?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> What do you use for an outdoor ground cover?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 04/16/21 12:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dedmiston wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

"I feel bad for the OP, lectures instead of helpful advice."

The OP asked for opinions and preferences, and he got them. Some people don't agree with your opinion or mine, and spoke up. No harm, no foul. When you ask a relatively diverse group of people for their thoughts, you may not get only ones that you find agreeable.

I disagree. This isn't what the OP asked for.

This is why so many new members don't stick around.

Everyone, please keep the rest of your responses on topic. I deleted a few of the snarkiest/unhelpful responses.
I'm sorry, I thought the OP posted this:

"Please chime in with your contribution, as I'm actively looking to make a change... thanks!"

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/16/21 01:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

dedmiston wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

The OP asked for opinions and preferences, and he got them. Some people don't agree with your opinion or mine, and spoke up. No harm, no foul. When you ask a relatively diverse group of people for their thoughts, you may not get only ones that you find agreeable.

Everyone, please keep the rest of your responses on topic. I deleted a few of the snarkiest/unhelpful responses.

"Please chime in with your contribution, as I'm actively looking to make a change... thanks!"

He did, and you may be confused. I read it as he has some sort of mats , and he’s looking for something different . Never did read where he asked for criticism on the use of mats .[emoticon]

As far as mats , Amazon has an endless supply and selection.

dedmiston

The West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/16/21 02:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

dedmiston wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

Apologies if it seems like I was singling you out. I wasn't.

But...

There's no rational interpretation of the OP's question that justifies the responses he got.

It seems to me like a year of COVID lockdowns and a contentious election cycle have trained many of you to toss your manners aside and treat each other with disrespect. It's a horrible habit to get into, and an even worse knee-jerk response.

My advice is for many of you to snap out of it and behave as if your mother were reading your posts. I think a lot of you would get whacked with a wooden spoon for treating others the way you do. I guess I'm too old to spank, but my mom would still give me an earful if I carried on that way.

Why do we come here anyway? It's supposed to be a fun community where we can safely exchange ideas, learn a thing or two, and have a good time. Instead, it's turning into a sandbox for narcissistic bullies where everyone believes they're right and everyone else is wrong. But maybe that arrow of wrongness is actually pointing back at some of you.

Like I've said to some of you recently via PM, you don't need to get the last word and you don't need to respond to every post. If you aren't confident enough in your written skills to respectfully present an alternative viewpoint, it's OK to keep scrolling.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

derouen6

Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 04/16/21 04:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well said dedmiston. I’m sure your words will have an immediate impact.
I wish!

dedmiston

The West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/16/21 04:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

derouen6 wrote:

Well said dedmiston. I’m sure your words will have an immediate impact.
I wish!

Thanks derouen6.

Who knows what the impact will be. I guess that shouldn't stop us from trying though.

And thanks everyone for the kind PMs.

doxiemom11

Victoria TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/17/21 04:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have outdoor rugs that are a heavy weave and come in various sizes. We purchased them at Lowe's. They are not cheap but we have had ours 10 years now and they are starting to show some wear. They are heavy and do not blow away. We put them out only when we are going to sit for a month if it's permitted. Some places don't allow rugs/mats. They travel rolled up in our pass thru storage compartment on the motorhome. They are each approx 10'X12' so cover the entire area under our main awning.

2oldman

NM

View Profile

Posted: 04/17/21 05:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

doxiemom11 wrote:

We have outdoor rugs that are a heavy weave and come in various sizes.
One thing I make sure to do to keep my carpet healthy is to smooth out the ground underneath. As few rocks as possible attempting to tear holes in it!

coolmom42

Middle Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/21 04:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Definitely get a plastic woven mat that lets water pass through. Otherwise it will weigh a ton when it's wet and be impossible to roll up for transport.

Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

mdcamping

CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/20/21 06:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

coolmom42 wrote:

Definitely get a plastic woven mat that lets water pass through. Otherwise it will weigh a ton when it's wet and be impossible to roll up for transport.

Yup we like those woven plastic outdoor rugs. Just returned home from a spring trip with lots of snow & rain. The plastic rug was almost completly dry but our outdoor welcome mat was like a wet sponge, the plastic rugs fold easy too.

Mike

07 Toyota Tacoma,Double Cab, Max Towing 6,500lbs GCWR 11,100lbs
2011 Jayco X20E, Pro Series 800lb Weight Distributing Hitch
Husky Sway Bar, Prodigy Electronic Brake Control
McKesh Mirrors.

Where we have camped

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> What do you use for an outdoor ground cover?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.