cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Oklahoma Turnpike info

Blazing_Zippers
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is Highway 35 south of Oklahoma a turnpike? If so, what is the name?
A route we're exploring is from Salina to Denton but things have changed in Oklahoma city since my last trip through the area.
Thanks all....
11 REPLIES 11

BackOfThePack
Explorer
Explorer
Blazing Zippers wrote:
Is Highway 35 south of Oklahoma a turnpike? If so, what is the name?
A route we're exploring is from Salina to Denton but things have changed in Oklahoma city since my last trip through the area.
Thanks all....

Once out of KS, no tolls to Denton.
2004 555 CTD QC LB NV-5600
1990 35โ€™ Silver Streak

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
pyoung47 wrote:
I-35 is not a toll road in Kansas, Oklahoma, or Texas. I-70 (The Kansas Turnpike), is toll in Kansas. I-44 (The Will Rogers Turnpike) is toll in Oklahoma.

Actually, it is both 35 and 70. It is also a few more:
Toll roads in Kansas
2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI

OkieGene
Explorer
Explorer
Go to the source: www.pikepass.com and find out the facts to your question.

lane_hog
Explorer II
Explorer II
I know it's not completely relevant to the original post, but just in case someone is searching and sees this thread...

Oklahoma Turnpike accepts its own PikePass for electronic tolling or cash.

No online option, no credit cards.

No interoperability with EZPass or other agencies other than TxTag(Texas) and K-Pass (Kansas). Texas and Kansas tollroads do accept Pikepass.
  • 2019 Grand Design 29TBS (had a Winnebago and 3x Jayco owner)
  • 2016 F-150 3.5L MaxTow (had Ram 2500 CTD, Dodge Durango)
  • 130W solar and 2005 Honda EU2000i twins that just won't quit

pyoung47
Explorer
Explorer
I-35 is not a toll road in Kansas, Oklahoma, or Texas. I-70 (The Kansas Turnpike), is toll in Kansas. I-44 (The Will Rogers Turnpike) is toll in Oklahoma.

jrs1871
Explorer
Explorer
I know that our KTag works on the toll road around Austin, TX. But we have never traveled on an OK toll road so don't know if it works there or not. The biggest problems with the implementation of all toll roads accepting one pass is the huge number of specialty plates and the issue of revenue sharing. I know that for a couple of years we were not charged a toll on the turnpike around Austin while our friends were. We had a specialty, veterans, tag and our friends had the basic KS licence plate.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Blazing Zippers wrote:
If I-35 is a toll in Kansas, do you have a name and does it accept EZ Pass?

Kansas Turnpike

Blazing_Zippers
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well, I did some digging around----in 2012, Congress passed a bill to have all the toll roads accept one pass. This was to be implemented by 2016. This was extended 4 years.
The various agencies involved apparently can't let go of the power they each have, so the "law" passed to bring all us commoners an easy way to travel has just been forgotten about.
If a cell phone caller can find my phone anywhere in the U S from anywhere in the U S, it seems a transponder attached to a windshield shouldn't be a big deal.
O.K. I'm done with my rant.

Blazing_Zippers
Explorer II
Explorer II
If I-35 is a toll in Kansas, do you have a name and does it accept EZ Pass?

smarty
Explorer
Explorer
there is a turnpike that takes one around OK city and I believe Tulsa
I use it all the time but I am heading to Michigan from NM
Not sure you would hit it going from KS to Denton

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
I-35 is not a toll road in Oklahoma or Texas if that is what you are asking. It is in Kansas.