cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traffic on I24 near I75 Blocked Friday night- Monday Am

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone planning on traveling east on I24 to I75 then on toward Florida, or traveling north On I75 and then west on I24 toward Nashville, At mile 183, on I24 in Chattanooga,Tn traffic will be completely stopped from 8:00PM Friday night the 16th until the following Monday at 8:00AM both east and west for construction.It is already the rule to encounter 5 to 15miel backups due to construction. I expect traffic going east on I24 to be backed up to at least mile marker 152 but most certainly mile marker exit 161. There are alternative routes into Chattanooga but once surface city streets an access roads adjacent to I24 will be back way up Going north on I75 traffic may be backed up to Dalton,Ga.
Only real alternatives is I59, or I65 south to Birmingham I65 and east on I20 I think. They are paving I75 south at the moment south of Atlanta, and going south is down to one lane. The weekend, I don't know.
1 REPLY 1

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
down home wrote:
Anyone planning on traveling east on I24 to I75 then on toward Florida, or traveling north On I75 and then west on I24 toward Nashville, At mile 183, on I24 in Chattanooga,Tn traffic will be completely stopped from 8:00PM Friday night the 16th until the following Monday at 8:00AM both east and west for construction.It is already the rule to encounter 5 to 15miel backups due to construction. I expect traffic going east on I24 to be backed up to at least mile marker 152 but most certainly mile marker exit 161. There are alternative routes into Chattanooga but once surface city streets an access roads adjacent to I24 will be back way up Going north on I75 traffic may be backed up to Dalton,Ga.
Only real alternatives is I59, or I65 south to Birmingham I65 and east on I20 I think. They are paving I75 south at the moment south of Atlanta, and going south is down to one lane. The weekend, I don't know.

- I-65 south to I-85 east
- exit 9 (US 271. TO US 231). then right at the top of the ramp
- follow the 4-lane 231 east thru Troy, Ozark and Dothan to I-10
- I-10 east to I-75
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle