cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inverter

Welder99
Explorer
Explorer
Hello everyone, I have a 2011 Big Country 5th wheel . Last fall I had a water break and water got into the power inverter. I’m now having issues with it. What would you recommend as a replacement?. Thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES 6

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
The best advice I can give you is to take it to a Big Country dealer and ask them to fix it.

Two things are clear from your question, OP: (1) that you are not especially technically adept, and (2) you do not have a technically adept best bud to ask. Unfortunately this leaves you at the mercy of an RV service department. But frankly, you are going to end up there anyway because, after all, you aren’t technically adept enough to do otherwise. You might as well save yourself time and aggravation and go there directly.

I do not say this with the intent to malign you. I have an in-law with a PhD, MD, board certification in neurosurgery and psychiatry who is also not adept in electrical or mechanical technology. Brilliant guy, lovely person, give you the shirt off his back, but NOT an auto mechanic or home repair sort of guy.

He, and you, OP, need to hire the work out.

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
https://www.boatandrvaccessories.com/products/powermax-pm3-60lk-12-volts-60-amp-power-converter-batt...

https://powermaxconverters.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/PM3-Owners-Manual.pdf
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

Welder99
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry I meant convert, it got soaked by the waterline breaking and yes I dried it out. It does work on and off. My light 12 volt lighting works for a while then slowly get dime draining the battery. I then have to use a charger to recharge the battery because the converter is not charging it up. So its not working. I’m looking at replacing it and wondering what others recommend as a replacement . Ive looked them up win and there’s a bunch to pick from.

Flute_Man
Explorer
Explorer
I would remove the covers and make sure it is dried out completely. Maybe still damp inside.
Jerry Parr
05 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350
04 Honda CR-V
Ham Radio K7OU
Retired EE
Jrparr32@gmail.com
602-321-8141
Full-timer

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Replace with same. Or post the make and model of the inverter for best answers.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Do you mean the unit that charges the battery bank? If so, while your terminology is correct--in "trailer speak" they are called converters.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.