Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: A few mods done today
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Projects & Upgrades

> A few mods done today

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 04/20/21 04:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LouLawrence wrote:

My coach is a side radiator and it appears yours might have a rear radiator. There are differences in the effect between the 2 styles.

Man, I wish. mine is a gasser. but thanks for the compliment. I looked again and I guess with the vents in the generator compartment it looks like a DP.

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

LouLawrence

Traveling the US!

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/21 06:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ah, I should have looked closer. Thanks for the clarification. There would be quite a difference in air flow at the rear between the 2 setups.

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/21 10:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LouLawrence wrote:

Ah, I should have looked closer. Thanks for the clarification. There would be quite a difference in air flow at the rear between the 2 setups.

Yes we will see. That is the only negative I can see. But since I was having generator issues before and now that I have vented the generator I don’t think it will be an issue. It’s not like the entire driveline/exhaust is enclosed. I’ll find out as soon as it gets hot out and I have the generator running with the AC on.

LouLawrence

Traveling the US!

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/21 04:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

With the engine up front you won't experience any differences in cooling as some of us with rear engine coaches can. The air dumps right there under the bumper for us while yours has the entire length of the chassis to disperse.

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/21 05:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LouLawrence wrote:

With the engine up front you won't experience any differences in cooling as some of us with rear engine coaches can. The air dumps right there under the bumper for us while yours has the entire length of the chassis to disperse.

That makes sense. I know I have had my outside temp monitor in one of the regular storage compartments in the middle of the coach and those temps will see 120deg on a regular 80+ degree day.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Projects & Upgrades

> A few mods done today
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.