cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replace Ladder stand off nut

LittleBill
Explorer
Explorer
has anyone replaced these? over half of mine are rusted out. I am trying to think of a way to replace all of them without removing the screws in the fiberglass, but I am assuming this is not going to be possible..

link of what i bought
3 REPLIES 3

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
I have R&Rd my ladder, and IIRC, the only way to remove those nuts, is from the back, requiring removal of the standoff. Even then, it seemed they were locked in. I didn't need to replace any, and glad of that!

Jerry

LittleBill
Explorer
Explorer
pigman1 wrote:
Not sure which one of those you're concerned about. The Tiffin ladders are backed up by a molded in steel sheet behind the fiberglass, so removing those screws is fine as long as you don't "ham hand" them going back in. Don't power drive.

A line in your signature with your rig info (brand, model, year) helps responders tailor their comments to your rig.

its a 2000 chateau sport, but is that the procedure the entire ladder has to come off? there is 0 video's or docs on the replacement procedure

pigman1
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure which one of those you're concerned about. The Tiffin ladders are backed up by a molded in steel sheet behind the fiberglass, so removing those screws is fine as long as you don't "ham hand" them going back in. Don't power drive.

A line in your signature with your rig info (brand, model, year) helps responders tailor their comments to your rig.
Pigman & Piglady
2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43' QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500
SMI Air Force One toad brake
Street Atlas USA Plus