Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Pets are sensitive and caring
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop

> Pets are sensitive and caring

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/18/21 08:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Son In Law's brother brought their Mother to live with SIL and my Daughter, He has SIL's dog, a Japanese hunting dog, rare breed, now for his companion. He saved his life when he had a massive heart attack and kept going from his bedroom to their Mother's attempting to and finally getting the message through to her to call someone.
I am chronically ill and the other day I was sitting on the couch watching TV and not really functional. Felt like death.
Keyoto came to me squeezed up tight to one leg and laid his head on my lap and looked into my eyes. He didn't make a sound but was saying I care. His warmth made me tear a bit. I scratched his ears and talked to him and he never moved, until my wife came to check on me.
I thought my Dakota was the only dog like that. Dogs are intelligent and they care for their people. I first saw the dog in 2012, as just a months old pup. he would grab my pants leg and shake it trying to pull me off my feet. He loved attention and has more energy the 10 people.
He is now 9yearsold, in his prime and wise. Too bad dogs don't usually live more than 1 5years

Lwiddis

Williams AZ area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/18/21 09:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wonderful story. TY for posting.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flag pole. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist14 yr. Army vet-11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/18/21 10:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great story!

I've always believed that animals have more empathy than they've been given credit for.
Recently a study determined that dogs can hold grudges. I told that to a friend and she said "well duh!". Years ago, she had barked back at my Bat-dog - Bat-dog held that grudge for years and it took Aunt C a lot of hard work to be forgiven.

Which breed is he? My dad's akita woke my niece up when an outlet in her room started sparking during the night.

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

2oldman

NM

View Profile

Posted: 04/18/21 12:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just saw a youtube about a cat in a hospice that knew who was about to die. She'd go to their room and get on the bed with them. Right every time.

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/18/21 02:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I saw that story. There was a lot of trying to find another explanation for it. My first cat as a little kid always came to me when I cried. I never shut my bedroom door so he could comfort me.

True story:
Years ago I had a cat, Bernice. She has these beautiful fat cheeks and I would often stop and give them a little pinch saying "look at those cheekies". She really didn't like it.

One day after pinching her cheekies and getting a glare in exchange, I said "if you don't want me pinching your cheeks then bring me a kitten".

I went on my day, and THAT VERY night while watching Dr Who (classic episodes, but they weren't considered "classic" then), I went and opened the back door to call the cats in. Sitting on the top step of the stairs - dead center pointed right at the door - was a little brown kitten. I had never seen it before.

Sitting on the handrail at the top of the stairs, watching everything, was Bernice. I never pinched her cheeks again.

2oldman

NM

View Profile

Posted: 04/18/21 03:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great story. Cats are pretty darn smart. I go for walks with mine. I've owned a lot of cats but never thought to try to walk with one.

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/18/21 05:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Every cat is a cat god. Some cats are Cat Gods among cat gods. At least that is what Looney1 tells me. Looney2 says he's an African lion.

ReneeG

Meridian, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/18/21 05:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I do believe our pets are loving and caring, as well as having souls. We've rescued many dogs from shelters, outliving each one. One in particular, was a little Maltese that we saved from living a life as a breeder. We had her for 17 years. It was hard, very hard for me when we lost her to old age, but for months, close to half a year, I heard her near me whenever I was in my art room where she would lay under my desk as I painted. Only after I began to accept her passing did I stop hearing her.

2011 Bighorn 3055RL
2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley BD3
1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica and Mabel, both Rat Terriers!

2oldman

NM

View Profile

Posted: 04/18/21 05:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ReneeG wrote:

It was hard, very hard for me when we lost her to old age,.
Yes it sure can be. I have to be careful as to what rescue videos I watch, because if the animal doesn't make it I can get real sad.

joshuajim

Mojave Desert

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/18/21 05:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

God didn’t put wings on them so we wouldn’t know that they are angels.

RVing since 1995.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop

> Pets are sensitive and caring
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.