Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trip report

udidwht
Explorer
Explorer
Renton, Wa. - Sedona, Az

Total miles - 3099 (US) miles

Total days - 18 (Dec 21, 2020 - Jan 7, 2021)

Total oil consumed - ~ 1/2qt (454 TBI 7.4L w/4L80E) 1994 Fleetwood Southwind Storm 28ft (using Valvoline full synthetic 10w-30)

Total fuel cost - $1008.XX

Odometer on RV currently - 68,295

MPG - low of 7.77mpg and a high of 9.70mpg

High MPG was between Livermore, Ca. and Bakersfield, Ca. On the overall trip I hit the 9.XX range (3) times. After Sedona, Az. I headed south and skirted Phoenix then onto Huntington Beach, Ca. (real home). There for a few days then headed north back to Renton (home away from real home).

The only issue I had was I started hearing a clank up front (on rough road) near drivers side. Crawled under and noticed that one of the sway bar bushings was missing. Bought (2) and replaced both the outer front ones. The other crumbled in my hand into (3) pieces upon removing. 20 min fix.
1994 Fleetwood Southwind Storm
P-30 chassis 7.4L 454 TBI 58,301 miles and counting....(as of 06/08/19)
VIN# 1GBJP37N4R3314754
Flight System Generator man 360 (PM me)
3 REPLIES 3

WKEV9955
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the trip report. It came at a good time as we are looking into a motorhome after pulling a fifth wheel for years.
2017 Toyota Highlander

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Branson N Tucson wrote:
Once upon a time,their was a time when I kept trip reports some what like your doing. Guess just got lazy, and went to way side.

Yep! Now, after 100000 miles on the clock, I simply enjoy the trip and the weather. Only thing I do watch is fueling OUTSIDE California. Advantage of a large fuel tank....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Branson_N_Tucso
Explorer II
Explorer II
Once upon a time,their was a time when I kept trip reports some what like your doing. Guess just got lazy, and went to way side.