cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Touch Up Paint

sportsman_500
Explorer
Explorer
I suffered a pretty good scratch on the side of our Raptor 398TS with full body paint. A quick internet search did not come up with much. Anyone here have any insight? I have heard Keystone was not to great on providing color codes.
6 REPLIES 6

dedmiston
FaridElsion wrote:
To paint your car, you need to waste good amount of money, especially if you want to look of it to be normal. I know that people are not able to do that due to really huge cost of it and their cars are just looking awful due to bad color and I want to admit that you donโ€™t want to paint your car in cheap paint you will just destroy everything. When I have done that, I already got a lot of money to be sure that I will pay for everything.

The old thread was bumped by this spammer. He's gone now though.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

valhalla360
Nomad
Nomad
A pro mixing paint can do better than using a color specification. The problem is as the paint ages in the sun, the color will change and the official color no longer matches perfectly.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Nv_Guy
Explorer III
Explorer III
As previously mentioned a good body shop or paintless repair service should be able to match and blend the paint.

FaridElsion
Explorer
Explorer
To paint your car, you need to waste good amount of money, especially if you want to look of it to be normal. I know that people are not able to do that due to really huge cost of it and their cars are just looking awful due to bad color and I want to admit that you donโ€™t want to paint your car in cheap paint you will just destroy everything. When I have done that, I already got a lot of money to be sure that I will pay for everything.

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
I would start with auto body repair shop.
Kevin

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
There are auto detailing shops that do micro touch up , mixing the paint on the spot and airbrushing the damaged areas. It's often the same folks that do paintless dent repair, you may want to check your area for one.