cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Four Winds Truck Camper

Cadillac1959
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, I am new here and also new to slide in truck campers. I just bought a 1992 Four Winds slide in truck camper in almost like new condition from an elderly couple who always stored it in a barn. Unfortunately I cannot find any info online in regards to specs etc. Seems to be very rare. All I can find is an older/expired listing which seems to be the same. It's listed as a 1992 Four Winds Model 9
Does anyone have info for this unit or maybe even an O&M manual? Any help is appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6

Cadillac1959
Explorer
Explorer
joerg68: thanks but I'm just trying to find info on this FW in particular. FW is a huge company, now owned by Thor but I'm very surprised that there is pretty much no info available (funny, I am originally from Germany too)

Lwiddis: I've checked everything incl. the roof. It's a one piece aluminum roof in perfect condition and owner took really good care of it

bigfootgrey: thanks but it doesn't show a pic 😞

bigfootgrey
Explorer
Explorer

This is all I could find. No specifications
2011 Ford F-350 PSD SC DRW
2008 Bigfoot 25C-10.4E
Firestone airbags - torklift stable-loads,fastguns,Talons Rancho rs 9000XL’s.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Check that roof carefully. Could still need maintenance despite barn storage.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

joerg68
Nomad II
Nomad II
Any manual (if it exists at all) is likely very generic.
This link takes you to a 1993 Lance manual for a general idea:
https://www.lancecamper.com/docs/1993-owners-manual.pdf
The "interesting" information is usually in the individual manuals for the different appliances (water heater, furnace, refrigerator) provided by the manufacturer. Most of these are available online if you search with the ID of the appliance in question. A good starting point might also be the collection at http://bryantrv.com/.
If you have specific questions about any of the camper systems, you can always ask here.
Have fun with your new-old camper. Spend some time checking all the seams and re-caulking them!
2014 Ford F350 XLT 6.2 SCLB + 2017 Northstar Arrow

Cadillac1959
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks but I tried that. No luck...

Bert_the_Welder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Saw one "Four Winds" listed as a Thor Four Winds. Maybe Thor is the actual builder or parent company. If they're still in business, maybe you can get in touch and they can help.
Good luck.
:h 1998 GMC 2500, 10.5 Okanagan, My better/smarter half, George and Finnegan(APBT), all I need.