cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Must Have M12 23 guage pin nailer

Kavoom
Explorer
Explorer
If you own an RV, this is a must tool. It's very new. As we all know the robust nature of RV builds using 2X6's and high quality hardwoods makes repairs and mods on RV's a... Oh wait, that's a different plane of reality...

Really... trim comes loose (never happens), Need to put a support structure in using that NOT A 2 X 4 support structure or install a drawer, door, virtually anything and the small size of this nailer both the nails AND the tool and soon you will not be able to live without it. I'm doing some drawers and having to put in compatible support structures because Luan just doesn't cut it...so to speak...let alone hold anything up...

They are not cheap at 199 for the bare tool or 250 for the kit with battery https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M12-12-Volt-23-Gauge-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Pin-Nailer-Kit-with-1-5-Ah-Battery-Charger-and-Tool-Bag-2540-21/314484009

There are quite a few reviews already on this and most of them end up having the person worshipping the tool... I agree. And then think of all the things in the house that you can use it on. I actually went to the Milwaukee M12 tools for my trailer use. I'm a DeWalt guy for my big stuff. But the small size of the "non-brushed" older tools make any work on a trailer easier. This particular tool is just the cat's meow of them all.. Of course if you buy one, you will be hooked so watch out, all of you with addictive personalities.
7 REPLIES 7

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
In my daily work , about 15 years ago I only bought only name brand stuff . My first air nailers were around one hundred bucks apiece and I need 5 or 6 of them , I made fun of Harbor Freight nailers at 25 dollars . Seven or 8 years ago I was 40 miles from home and needed a nailer . Gritted my teeth and bought a 23 dollar Harbor Freight nailer . Wow , seven years later and it is still running fine . I have put all my Name Brand nailers under the bench and now own 5 H.F. nailers . I nail 3 or 4 thousand nails a day . When we travel I carry a small pancake compressor , couple different size nailers . I have fixed stuff in campgrounds and other RVers rigs . Plus I can blow up my own tires and drive nails in the tires of my enemies .

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
rhagfo wrote:
BurbMan wrote:
Yes the pin nailer is good for trim work! I've found that doing anything that requires nailing through the interior luann wallboard will have the pin, brad or finish nail going clean through... My "go-to" tool for adding shelves or similar has become the narrow crown stapler The bridge of the staple prevents the fastener from sailing clean through the work and produces a stronger mechanical joint.

I've found that the air tools are much less expensive that battery powered and also provide a much smaller form factor to get into tight spaces in RVs. From where I park the RV I can get to anything with a 50' air hose.

I agree on the pneumatic tools are less expensive and as I have had on board air pneumatic tools make great sense. I carry an 18 gauge brad driver, stapler . DW did a remodel and both were used a lot.

I own both battery powered and air powered tools.
Air are generally more reliable and cheaper.
However battery powered are more convenient and are cordless and hose less.
Really depends on what type of work you are doing and in what type of environment you are working. There is no one size fits all answer.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
BurbMan wrote:
Yes the pin nailer is good for trim work! I've found that doing anything that requires nailing through the interior luann wallboard will have the pin, brad or finish nail going clean through... My "go-to" tool for adding shelves or similar has become the narrow crown stapler The bridge of the staple prevents the fastener from sailing clean through the work and produces a stronger mechanical joint.

I've found that the air tools are much less expensive that battery powered and also provide a much smaller form factor to get into tight spaces in RVs. From where I park the RV I can get to anything with a 50' air hose.

I agree on the pneumatic tools are less expensive and as I have had on board air pneumatic tools make great sense. I carry an 18 gauge brad driver, stapler . DW did a remodel and both were used a lot.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

EMD360
Explorer
Explorer
I bought the Milwaukee stapler last year for quite a bit less than it is selling now. The light weight is fantastic. It just does 3/8โ€ wide staples though and have not used it on the RV. But I like the M12 series so much I bought the drill for my sister who can only use a light tool.
2018 Minnie Winnie 25b New to us 3/2021
Former Rental Owners Club #137
2003 Itasca Spirit 22e 2009-2021

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
Ryobi has a pin nailer, a Brad nailer and a Crown stapler. With the battery and charger each is cheaper than the Milwaukee pin nailer combo. If you already have the batteries you can get the pin mailer and Brad nailer for about the same price as the Milwaukee pin nailer combo.

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
Pin nailers are great when used appropriately. The nail hole is all but invisible. Besides putting up trim, they can work very nicely like clamps when gluing up odd-shaped wood assemblies.

I'm happy with my $20ish (looks like it's closer to $30ish now, with an additional depth control) Harbor Freight pneumatic version. The trigger safety gizmo is rather janky and not really trustworthy.

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II