cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Solidtude 390RK

cgaskins
Explorer
Explorer
A question for you Grand Design Solitude 390RK owners....

We are considering trading our Heartland 5er for a Grand Design Solitude 390RK-R. We have not been to visit one in person yet for a myriad of reason but I wanted to get some feedback from current owners of that model before we go to the dealership.

Can someone post a photo of the inside of the coach -> looking from the door back to the kitchen with the slides IN? I can't see to find a photo of that anywhere.

Are you able to control the slides individually? Since the refrigerator and kitchen are all the way in the back (which we think we like), it kinda makes it a little more difficult to stop by the side of the road for quick lunch if you have to run out all the slides.

We are not full timers (weekenders trending towards anytimers) so our unit has to sit in a covered storage facility for a few months at a time. Due to size/width restrictions, I have to store my RV with slides IN. On my current 5er, we are able to leave the refrigerator doors open to help with ventilation, mold, sell, etc. Is this even possible with the 390RK?

Last question - tell me things you don't like about your 390RK.

Thank you.
Chris
A resident of the great city of Austin, Texas
2015 Heartland Big Country 3650RL
2017 Ford F-350 Lariat Ultimate (6.7 Powerstroke)
12 REPLIES 12

NHIrish
Explorer
Explorer
I can't answer your question on the 390RK, but I can tell you that I just traded a 2016 Bighorn for my new Solitude 310GK and the fit and finish is far superior to the Bighorn. I had loads of Bighorn issues in the first year and essentially zero issues at PDI and first trip with the Solitude. Good luck!
cgaskins wrote:
A question for you Grand Design Solitude 390RK owners....

We are considering trading our Heartland 5er for a Grand Design Solitude 390RK-R. We have not been to visit one in person yet for a myriad of reason but I wanted to get some feedback from current owners of that model before we go to the dealership.

Can someone post a photo of the inside of the coach -> looking from the door back to the kitchen with the slides IN? I can't see to find a photo of that anywhere.

Are you able to control the slides individually? Since the refrigerator and kitchen are all the way in the back (which we think we like), it kinda makes it a little more difficult to stop by the side of the road for quick lunch if you have to run out all the slides.

We are not full timers (weekenders trending towards anytimers) so our unit has to sit in a covered storage facility for a few months at a time. Due to size/width restrictions, I have to store my RV with slides IN. On my current 5er, we are able to leave the refrigerator doors open to help with ventilation, mold, sell, etc. Is this even possible with the 390RK?

Last question - tell me things you don't like about your 390RK.

Thank you.
Chris
2016 Heartland Bighorn 3270RS

2010 Carriage Cameo 32-FwS
2008 Carriage Cameo
2006 Keystone Cougar
2005 Keystone Zeppelin
1999 Coachmen Catalina

2017 Ford F350 Powerstroke
Curt Q25

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock
:W

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
goducks10 wrote:
One thing in GD's favor and it's not even GD sponsored is the Grand Design Owners Forum is without a doubt the best brand forum on the net.
I read it everyday as you can always learn a new trick or two. Very little bickering over there and lots of helpful advice for GD owners.
I think that is a big plus for many. It may be kool aid drinking but as we all know RV's are money pits and most all will develop a problem eventually. So having a place thats brand oriented really helps.

Sorry can't help with the slides.

That forum was a lot better prior to Winnie coming along.

Actual Grand Design factory reps used to frequent it then a good number of mods jumped ship over to the new factory sponsored forum when Winnie came along. It was quite full of drama at the time. There is little bickering due to the fact its heavily censored, posts /threads are deleted at will, even more so than here, and anyone posting negative experiences are bounced out in short order.

Crespro
Explorer
Explorer
About Grand Design:

We have a Grand Design 2021 310GK-R. I added a sleep number king bed, a Bosch dishwasher and Miele washer and dryer. I knew we would add those items when we bought. All the appliances are residential quality. We stream the same ROKU channels as at home on the TCL televisions. It is a June 2020 build and, other than adding a few screws, there are no major problems after five trips. We had a 40DP bought new in 2005 as our prior RV, so we do have fairly high expectations. Our 310 is in many ways better than our 40DP (although it takes longer to set up and hook up to travel). I am very pleased with our RV.

CresPro
Crespro 2021 Grand Design 310GK-R, 2020 F250LB, 7.3L, 4.30, Reese 27K

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
One thing in GD's favor and it's not even GD sponsored is the Grand Design Owners Forum is without a doubt the best brand forum on the net.
I read it everyday as you can always learn a new trick or two. Very little bickering over there and lots of helpful advice for GD owners.
I think that is a big plus for many. It may be kool aid drinking but as we all know RV's are money pits and most all will develop a problem eventually. So having a place thats brand oriented really helps.

Sorry can't help with the slides.

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
Do an in person inspection. What is OK to one may not be your cup of tea.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

topjimmy
Explorer
Explorer
They were never anything special except for the good Customer service in he pre Winnie days the Early Solitudes still had 10in frames 3 step entry cheaper pin boxes super cheap Audio Equipment no rear Caps etc... Same build Quality as Everybody else All Lippert like everybody else ALOT of people have drank that Koolaid the Guys the Fenech Brothers that started it followed the same Playbook they did with Keystone/Montana and it worked again for them so when buying a New one in that Price Range just pick out Any Brand Ya like do a good P.D.I. and go for it they are all the same pretty much
2015 Montana 3735MK Legacy,2007 3500HD GMC Dually LBZ Duramax/Allison ,Pacbrake,Firestone Airbags Bullydog Tuner

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
We dumped our 2020 3950BH after a little more than 1 season of use due to myriads of issues Grand Design could not resolve, the largest ones having to do with the frame and running gear. It was not a great experience as we had with our previous Grand Design built the 2nd year they were in business, and the stellar customer service Grand Design had prior to Winnie coming along is no longer Grand. Just another mass produced brand loaded with Lippert garbage on a Lippert frame, nothing special. Furthermore I would not buy anything Grand Design or anyone else built since Covid came along. What I see on dealers lots are loaded with build quality Issues. If I had a 2015 I would keep it unless it was loaded with issues.

Mote
Explorer
Explorer
I found a video on youtube that shows the control panel (at the 42:30 time). Looks like there are four individual slide switches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKhthTAqXvQ
2005 Dodge 3500
2001 Lance 1030
2006 Cougar 29RL

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Yes it's time!
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ron3rd wrote:
I can't answer your question specifically but we really like our new to us 2018 Solitude 310GK. Grand Design owners have a very active forum here:

Grand Design Owners Forum

You'll probably get more specific answers to your particular model there.

We're on our Second Grand Design fifth wheel and will echo Ron's sentiments on our Solitude.

Ron - time to change your signature?...

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
I can't answer your question specifically but we really like our new to us 2018 Solitude 310GK. Grand Design owners have a very active forum here:

Grand Design Owners Forum

You'll probably get more specific answers to your particular model there.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I wouldnโ€™t take anyoneโ€™s word as answers for your questions. An in person inspection is the best source.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad