Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Solidtude 390RK
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Solidtude 390RK

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
cgaskins

Austin, TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/19/21 03:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A question for you Grand Design Solitude 390RK owners....

We are considering trading our Heartland 5er for a Grand Design Solitude 390RK-R. We have not been to visit one in person yet for a myriad of reason but I wanted to get some feedback from current owners of that model before we go to the dealership.

Can someone post a photo of the inside of the coach -> looking from the door back to the kitchen with the slides IN? I can't see to find a photo of that anywhere.

Are you able to control the slides individually? Since the refrigerator and kitchen are all the way in the back (which we think we like), it kinda makes it a little more difficult to stop by the side of the road for quick lunch if you have to run out all the slides.

We are not full timers (weekenders trending towards anytimers) so our unit has to sit in a covered storage facility for a few months at a time. Due to size/width restrictions, I have to store my RV with slides IN. On my current 5er, we are able to leave the refrigerator doors open to help with ventilation, mold, sell, etc. Is this even possible with the 390RK?

Last question - tell me things you don't like about your 390RK.

Thank you.
Chris

A resident of the great city of Austin, Texas
2015 Heartland Big Country 3650RL
2017 Ford F-350 Lariat Ultimate (6.7 Powerstroke)

Lwiddis

Monterey, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/19/21 05:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wouldn’t take anyone’s word as answers for your questions. An in person inspection is the best source.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flag pole. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist14 yr. Army vet-11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Ron3rd

Upland, CA USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/19/21 07:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I can't answer your question specifically but we really like our new to us 2018 Solitude 310GK. Grand Design owners have a very active forum here:

Grand Design Owners Forum

You'll probably get more specific answers to your particular model there.

2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Second Chance

Wherever...

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/20/21 07:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ron3rd wrote:

I can't answer your question specifically but we really like our new to us 2018 Solitude 310GK. Grand Design owners have a very active forum here:

Grand Design Owners Forum

You'll probably get more specific answers to your particular model there.

We're on our Second Grand Design fifth wheel and will echo Ron's sentiments on our Solitude.

Ron - time to change your signature?...

Rob

U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

Ron3rd

Upland, CA USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/20/21 08:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes it's time!

Mote

Hoosier State

View Profile

Posted: 04/20/21 10:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I found a video on youtube that shows the control panel (at the 42:30 time). Looks like there are four individual slide switches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKhthTAqXvQ

2005 Dodge 3500
2001 Lance 1030
2006 Cougar 29RL

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/21 01:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We dumped our 2020 3950BH after a little more than 1 season of use due to myriads of issues Grand Design could not resolve, the largest ones having to do with the frame and running gear. It was not a great experience as we had with our previous Grand Design built the 2nd year they were in business, and the stellar customer service Grand Design had prior to Winnie coming along is no longer Grand. Just another mass produced brand loaded with Lippert garbage on a Lippert frame, nothing special. Furthermore I would not buy anything Grand Design or anyone else built since Covid came along. What I see on dealers lots are loaded with build quality Issues. If I had a 2015 I would keep it unless it was loaded with issues.

topjimmy

Washington Coast

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/22/21 09:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They were never anything special except for the good Customer service in he pre Winnie days the Early Solitudes still had 10in frames 3 step entry cheaper pin boxes super cheap Audio Equipment no rear Caps etc... Same build Quality as Everybody else All Lippert like everybody else ALOT of people have drank that Koolaid the Guys the Fenech Brothers that started it followed the same Playbook they did with Keystone/Montana and it worked again for them so when buying a New one in that Price Range just pick out Any Brand Ya like do a good P.D.I. and go for it they are all the same pretty much

2015 Montana 3735MK Legacy,2007 3500HD GMC Dually LBZ Duramax/Allison ,Pacbrake,Firestone Airbags Bullydog Tuner

TXiceman

Full Time RVer

View Profile

Posted: 04/25/21 08:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Do an in person inspection. What is OK to one may not be your cup of tea.

Ken

Amateur Radio Operator.
2013 HitchHiker 38RLRSB Champagne, toted with a 2012, F350, 6.7L PSD, Crewcab, dually. 3.73 axle, Full Time RVer.
Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 04/25/21 08:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One thing in GD's favor and it's not even GD sponsored is the Grand Design Owners Forum is without a doubt the best brand forum on the net.
I read it everyday as you can always learn a new trick or two. Very little bickering over there and lots of helpful advice for GD owners.
I think that is a big plus for many. It may be kool aid drinking but as we all know RV's are money pits and most all will develop a problem eventually. So having a place thats brand oriented really helps.

Sorry can't help with the slides.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Solidtude 390RK
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.