Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Trailering
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Trailering

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
GrandpaKip

Flat Rock

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/22/21 08:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BarneyS wrote:

Tomman,
I have been a member of this forum for 21 years and have probably answered a number of the same question a hundred times. I don't consider it repetitious or boring because each person has a reason for asking and I consider it a privilege to help them out if possible.
I get a lot of satisfaction out of helping people and I'm sure that is the motivation behind a most of our members also.
Barney

“Like”

Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

4x4van

California

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/21 12:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm really not sure why anyone else's fuel tank size is of such interest to Tom. He says he really can't see any reason to do a "55 gallon tank". Seriously? And I can't really see any reason to have a smaller tank. What makes anyone else's fueling preferences "odd" to him?

My last RV had a 40 gallon tank; I hated it since my typical trip was about 350 miles, and at 7mpg, I had to make an additional stop for fuel on the way home. My current rig has a 75 gallon tank; I can now make that same trip without having to stop for fuel on the way home. It also guarantees that I have plenty of fuel for the generator if needed, both at the campsite and on the way home (for AC use).

* This post was edited 04/22/21 12:18pm by 4x4van *

We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R (2), '85 TriZinger, '07 TRX400EX, '12 Husky TE310
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II, '95 FX1

Dadoffourgirls

China, MI USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/21 04:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think the Op put this posting here because it would have turned into a EV recharging and battery argument in the tow vehicle section.

Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2017 Express Ext 3500 (Code named "BIGGER ED" by daughters)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS

TomG2

Central Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/21 05:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One of my fellow employees likes to travel with 55 gallon of "Company" gasoline when he leaves town. More "convenient" for some of us to fill up with deductible fuel when RVing. Ed could get to Florida on "free" gasoline when not towing.

LVJJJ

NW WASHINGTON

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/24/21 08:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our 94 Burb has a 42 gallon tank so at 10 mpg with our 383 we can go 420 miles, rarely do that in a day. Love it, if we hit a lonely stretch in the middle of Nevada don't have to worry about running out of petrol, love having this extra protection. i quit worrying about gas mileage years ago, cause when I did I didn't enjoy RV'ing very much. Fill it, drive it and enjoy it. I usually don't look at the gas pump while its filling or afterwards. If you worry about mileage a lot, buy a Prius and stay in hotels. Big tanks are necessary for tow vehicles. We started out with a 1965 Chevy Van pulling 24' TT's with a 292 engine, had a 16 gallon tank so we planned our trips from gas station to gas station. actually still have the van and it still will tow.

1994 GMC Suburban K1500
2005 Trail Cruiser TC26QBC
1965 CHEVY VAN, 292 "Big Block 6" (will still tow)
2008 HHR
L(Larry)V(Vicki)J(Jennifer)J(Jesse)J(Jason)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Trailering
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.